A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashtraks

K, here is how. In each fla for each loop, you need to set a variable that is called something like "loaded." Set it to "true" if that swf has loaded. Then on the main controller swf, have it check to see if _level1:loaded is true or not. If it is true, play, if not, loop til it is.

Hope that made sense.

:: Despire ::

Data.swf???

Hey you seem to know quite a bit about these flashtracks, do you by chance know how to re-create the data.swf file to manipulate the bars for different audio?? I know it came with some instructions, but I don't quite understand how to make a new data.swf file with my own loop. Any ideas would be greatly appreciatted. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Dave

The data.swf is pretty much proprietary from flashkit. THey control the internal coding of each data.swf and do not make the coding available. I have no idea how to write my own data.swf, and that is where all of the hardcore audio data is stored. Sorry, best talk to someone from flashkit for that.

THANKZ ALOT!!!

That really helped thatnks... while ur at it... how would u go about getting the volume control action to work on flashtraks??? the volume control thing is in the tutes... thanks again.... CYA

P.S. The volume control thing im talkin about iz here http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Au...69/index.shtml
    [Edited by dcypher*33 on 01-04-2001 at 11:29 PM]

Damn, good question. I thought maybe if you set the variable "music1" (explained in the tutorial you suggested) to look at level1 where data.swf is loaded for its input, this would work. However, I have no idea how the data.swf is liad out or coded, so that probably would not work. I'm afraid I'm stumped.

Sorry.

Thats Ok,

Maybe I'll talk to the flashkit people and ask for some more indepth directions on how to use the flashtraks...
    Thankz n e wayz

help

What i love about flashtrak is the real time meters. What i don't like is that it appears to only be able to use loops from flashkit.com.

Can one use their own loops with this thing ?

And if so...how?

Thanks,

joe

I dont think so, not without the code from inside the data.swf.

Any workarounds

Are there any workarounds for having a realtime meter?

And not using flashtraks?

Thanks

Joe

Your own flashtrax

Hey guys,
    I'm looking at the thing now, soon i'll post again on how to make your own.
    In the meanwhile check out HELP FOR FLASHTRAKS!!! in the sound and music forum.

See ya later,

Ross

I LOVE YOU... Thanks for all the help.

THANKS to you Scarecrow !!

THIS IS WHY THE FLASHKIT FORUMS ARE THE PLACE TO GET YOUR "REAL" HELP, TUTORIALS etc...

TEAMWORK. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS WHY WE RULE THE FLASH WORLD...

-FLASHKIT: the microsoft of the flash universe -

-RAPTORZE

Hi Guys,

The flashtracks are not real-time!!!

Sorry to bust it to you but if you want to make your own flashtrax then you have to suppply the data (how high each peak is).

We are trying to work out how to get the data for the peaks and it is only a matter of time before its worked out.

Critical Question???

I just downloaded the standard flashtrak player. Okay, this will sound like the most idiotic question in the world because everyone else seems to exactly what to do, but... the 'player_mc' loads the 'data.swf', right? But I can't find the actual sound file anywhere in the .fla. I thought it was in the data.swf, but after reading this thread, I see it's not.

Duh....where do I put the sound file I want to play?

Thanks, Metrov

Too Dumb To Answer?

data.swf????

Can somebody tell me what to put into the data.swf??? Do I have to set variables? If yes how? And what if I don't want a data.swf file to be loaded... what if I wanna use the flashtrak in my movie where there is already sound and I just want to add some cool visuals to it... how would I set the variable and elimitate he loading of an external movie?

how to elaborate visuals

Hey, did anybody figure out how to elaborate the values that those data1, data2 ... data(n) in the data.swf file?

data1 = "3453363632325363";
    data2 = "6532325345345342";
    -
    -
    -
    data16 = "4565432532522125";

I mean did anybody find out how to get these 8 couple of digits that should give us a more or less true visual representation of our sound?

If I knew a way/software that lets me visualize the amplitude of a waveform at certain frequencies how do I convert this visual information into those above displayed numbers?
    Anybody?

I'm likely going to sound like a fool for this question, but I'd be more of a fool to be left in the dark. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of that small pause when a track loops. Really grates on my ears, and I can't seem to find any information on how to get rid of it. Help? Anybody...?
    As an aside, I just started learning Flash not too long ago, so best to treat me as a newbie (which I am, of course).

Smile great thread!

I've been trying to figure out how to get
    into those Flashtrak players (player_mc)
    and FINALLY a topic on it! I have successfully
    added one to my site (www.ohsalumni.net) and it
    works wonderfully. I even changed the colors
    on the EQ bars/dots! Thanks for a great thread
    AND to Flashkit for a super player

pause for EDekar!

Hey EDekar, if you hear a pause in a loop there is one thing you need to find out before you do anything else:
    first of all you have to know if the pause is in the loop itself or not. If the loop sounds fine on another looping-capable software then you are probably working with an mp3 file. MP3 files have a bug. They do insert a little space at their end that becomes a buggy pause when the sound is looped. To solve the problem convert the mp3 into wav, delete the pause with an editing software such as Pro Tools and then import it into Flash as a WAV.

If instead your initial file was a WAV there are two things you can do.

1 Adjust the file by slicing away the pause with an audio editing software such as Pro Tools and then re-import it

...or...

2 Adjust the looping point in Flash by accessing the sound properties panel, inserting a number of loops, clicking on edit and then moving the gray loop point so that the loops will avoid the pause

If the pause is at the end of the sound both methods apply.
    If the pause is at the beginning of the sound only method n.1 applies. But if you don't wanna go for n.1 there is another solution: using the new Flash 5 sound related action scripts such as sound.attach() and sound.start() (check for the correct syntax) you can actually decide the offset and the number of loops. That might work out for you too, but if you are not into action scripts the other methods are probably faster to apply.

Hope this will help

Ah, so that's how...

Well, I'm using the flashtrak thing, so I can't really edit the data file I guess. Just a bug in software, I suppose. However, I took the file that skipped and redownloaded it in .wav format. Using my Flash 5 Virtual Classroom book sitting beside me, I went and imported the loop into a test movie, and looped it a few times. Seems it has a very slight pause at the end. Thanks to you, I fixed that.

On the other hand, this means I won't be able to use the flashtrak thing in the movie itself, simply because of that skip, unless someone knows how to edit the program or the data file for the loop. Hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for helping me out! I'm beginning to see how much you guys help each other...quite a refreshing change from what I've seen before. Thanks again...!