A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Speakers

Speakers

Bit of an obscure question, but I just got an amp and a pair of speakers from a friend for my TV. There is a pretty decent delay, so all of the noise is a second or so off of the picture. Anyone know why this would be happening?

Where are you running the sound source from? Are you using the sound out from the TV or from the original source (i.e. cable box)?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I am running the sound from the original source (digital cable box) to my amp. I've recently found out that there is a delay in the video while the signal is being processed, and that the TV delays the audio from it's speaker to match. Doubting there is a way for me to fix this....

How are you running the signal to the tv? Like what format -- are you using normal cable? Or is it the HDMI out? If HDMI, you need to use the digital audio out on the box...if you are using the cable out, then you need to use the analog (RCA) plug audio out on the cable box.

Mine is running HDMI to TV and Optical Audio to my amp - signals are perfectly sync'ed.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

If your amp doesn't has an digital audio input, you will need a seperate DAC. You can get a basic one pretty cheap.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21