A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Design: A Thankless Profession?

I fully expect a twist. This thread has to stay open.

Of course let it stay opened! As John Lennon once said: TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS!

If your boss is an avid Flash Kit member, I think tomorrow knows it's going to involve paper of the pink variety. In more artistic terms: paper of a crimson red blended with brilliant white variety.

Quote Originally Posted by A Boss
    Dear An Artist:
    You're fk-ing fired.
    -A Boss-
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    If your boss is an avid Flash Kit member, I think tomorrow knows it's going to involve paper of the pink variety. In more artistic terms: paper of a crimson red blended with brilliant white variety.
    You know... I actually got a job from a guy that had learned of my online persona/username. Got the job on the spot...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Some bosses actually know how to spot talent and use talent regardless of personal differences.

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    LOL..were you talk trash about him though? LOL
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    Some bosses actually know how to spot talent and use talent regardless of personal differences.
    And the operative word here being "some." My boss would rather have something look like sh$# than have it look good. Remember, he "doesn't like artists."He said it to me and others. "Artists are a pain in the ass" he said behind my back in a meeting. I really think he might be a frustrated artist. After all, he has beautiful artwork hung up in his luxurious office.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    Trust me, my boss is an avid fan of only his reflexion. It's all about him!

Quote Originally Posted by mneil
    No way in god's green earth would I file a suit. How unemployable would you be after that!? As if it won't be hard enough to get Mr. Sensitive a job without that monkey on your back. And, if you do decide to leave let me know since I'm one of the + people in J-Luv's 50+ guestimation. I sure would love me some time off
    Hey, who you calling sensitive? Everyone else at the meeting were dumbfouonded that my lowclass bosss singled me out as well. They said they would be pissed as well! Oh how different you would feel it it were you!!

It's funny how you classify your boss as low-class... however he was smart enough to be your boss and not the other way around.

Seriously dude. You've dug deep enough for a grave... or you could be compared to a tick.

Just stop it while you can.

...or maybe you like this attention...

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    I actually got a job from a guy that had learned of my online persona/username. Got the job on the spot...
    - He certainly did'nt know how partial you are !!!

It's funny how you classify your boss as low-class... however he was smart enough to be your boss and not the other way around.
    - Not all Boss' are smart !!!
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Here's your last warning, Koolbabs.

I'm personally sick and tired of how you follow members around and personal attack them in random threads. I have had enough.

Complain to the webmaster@flashkit.com or just take it away from Flashkit. You're acting like some child. It stops right now.

I see it happen once more, you will lose your ability to post here. I have no more tolerance for your behavior. It's only you that does that. It's going to stop. In fact, you've been warned once before by the Admins. I see one more example, you will be gone.

Understood?

An_Artist, back to your thread...

</babs>

too soon?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

an artist i have spoken to your boss and he has agreed that he will change his behavior on one condition - that you agree to deposit 25% of your salary to me every pay period.

is that cool with you?

problem solved.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by An Artist
    My boss would rather have something look like sh$# than have it look good.
    Yes. I am CERTAIN that this is the case.
    "Artists are a pain in the ass"
    If you are any reflection of how 'artists' are in general, he is 100% correct.

Have you given any thought to the concept that you are the catalyst in this ill fated relationship with your boss? I have. To be honest, that's all I've given thought to. Over-sensitive? That's an understatement. Lawsuit? Have at it.

You need to really grow a pair and stop being such a pansy. You've been posting these nonsensical threads in the CL for years. "I work too slow...no one appreciates me...no one thinks I am good...headhunters suck...BLA BLA BLA."

I've stayed out of this one for a week now to keep my sanity, but you are truly unreal. First off, your indulgent decision to use 'An Artist' as your name. If I teed off on you in this thread like I'd really like to, I'd ask one of the mods to change my name to 'A Colossal Prick,' but then again, it would be well deserved. The tongue lashing, not calling me a prick.

Your boss is running a business. According to you, he's doing it poorly because he is not managing your overly-needy man-ego. According to how I read this, he has already spent entirely too much time indulging your child-like needs. Here's a thought. STFU and do your work. Not how you want it done -- how he does. You want praise? Do.Your.Work.Right. Maybe if you put half as much effort into providing the results your superiors are looking for as you do crying about not getting praised for said work, you'd get ahead. If not, you'll continue to be the pariah of your office. Quite honestly, I am guessing that this is the case, since 6 pages into this thread you are still too stubborn to even take 1% of the blame here.

Shocking....or actually not.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by Frets

good bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    good bosses...
    good and smart bosses
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    Yes. I am CERTAIN that this is the case.

If you are any reflection of how 'artists' are in general, he is 100% correct.

Have you given any thought to the concept that you are the catalyst in this ill fated relationship with your boss? I have. To be honest, that's all I've given thought to. Over-sensitive? That's an understatement. Lawsuit? Have at it.

You need to really grow a pair and stop being such a pansy. You've been posting these nonsensical threads in the CL for years. "I work too slow...no one appreciates me...no one thinks I am good...headhunters suck...BLA BLA BLA."

I've stayed out of this one for a week now to keep my sanity, but you are truly unreal. First off, your indulgent decision to use 'An Artist' as your name. If I teed off on you in this thread like I'd really like to, I'd ask one of the mods to change my name to 'A Colossal Prick,' but then again, it would be well deserved. The tongue lashing, not calling me a prick.

Your boss is running a business. According to you, he's doing it poorly because he is not managing your overly-needy man-ego. According to how I read this, he has already spent entirely too much time indulging your child-like needs. Here's a thought. STFU and do your work. Not how you want it done -- how he does. You want praise? Do.Your.Work.Right. Maybe if you put half as much effort into providing the results your superiors are looking for as you do crying about not getting praised for said work, you'd get ahead. If not, you'll continue to be the pariah of your office. Quite honestly, I am guessing that this is the case, since 6 pages into this thread you are still too stubborn to even take 1% of the blame here.

Shocking....or actually not.
    You simply misunderstand me. First of all, he doesn't like artists because there used to be an artist who worked here years ago, and from what I was told, he had big issues. The guy would not come into work because he didn't have his lucky colored shirt on that day. As a result, my boss never hired another artists until me. Second, my boss wanted to let me go because he did not know the work I was getting done. ONCE THE WEBSITE WENT LIVE HE CHANGED HIS MIND AND KEPT MY ON BOARD!!!! It was the first time in all his years of being that boss that he ever changed his mind like this. At least that' what other tell me!

So go ahead and judge me. Put me down and misunderstand me. I probably would if I were you. But you simply don't know me or situation.
    Sure I'm a pain in the ass at time. Sure I complain too much. But do you know what? I'M HONEST! AND I'M REAL! And I feel! So judge me and label me. I'm just venting. And I take into consideration what other say.
    Last edited by An Artist; 08-20-2008 at 02:22 PM.

With no links... I'm starting to think this is some viral promotion of some sort.

You simply misunderstand me. First of all, he doesn't like artists because there used to be an artist who worked here years ago, and from what I was told, he had big issues. The guy would not come into work because he didn't have his lucky colored shirt on that day. As a result, my boss never hired another artists until me. Second, my boss wanted to let me go because he did not know the work I was getting done. ONCE THE WEBSITE WENT LIVE HE CHANGED HIS MIND AND KEPT MY ON BOARD!!!! It was the first time in all his years of being that boss that he ever changed his mind like this. At least that' what other tell me!

So go ahead and judge me. Put me down and misunderstand me. I probably would if I were you. But you simply don't know me or situation.
    Sure I'm a pain in the ass at time. Sure I complain too much. But do you know what? I'M HONEST! AND I'M REAL! And I feel! So judge me and label me. I'm just venting. And I take into consideration what other say.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm back and work it's work is fine! Thanks for allowing me to vent and beating me up for it.