A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Growing Text Animation Not working properly

Question Growing Text Animation Not working properly

I am using flash 8 on a pc. I am trying to get text to grow tall from an almost flat line up to full standing text. I converted the text to a symbol, then moved the center circle in the symbol down ( can't remember what that thing is called), added another keyframe ten or so frames ahead, flattened the text vertically in the first keyframe and did a motion tween. It looks right when I preview within flash but once I publish it strange things happen. First it behaved as if I had scaled the text proportionately so it just grew from small to large. I made various changes to the tween settings and it really got strange moving up and then back down.

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can accomplish this.
    Thanks!

try embedding the font on the properties bar (you can also break apart the text)
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Breaking the font is what I was thinking you could do, but that makes it so you can't edit the font, so it's kinda annoying.

But, are you using Dynamic or Static text? If it's Dynamic, you could try making it Static, and that might help it spazzing a little bit, but still won't be as fluid as if the font was broken (pressing ctrl+b twice with the text box (not the symbol) selected)
    If you need any help, feel free to email me at bluehippoflash [at] gmail.com or on AIM at BlueHippoFlash

Or view my new portfolio here!

i would think embedding the font would do the same thing as breaking it apart and it's still editable.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Yea!,

Embedding the font worked beautifully! How did I miss that trick.

Thanks for your help.

Jean