A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my new site up for review

my new site up for review

i launched my site again, made a few changes and moved to a different server.
    what do you guys think? can i make more improvements before i get public?
    thanks for taking a looksee :-)

http://www.derrickforeal.net

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar
    The image that rest behind the blurb box feels too sharpened. I would suggest trying to blur it a bit.

I do not see much relevance of the little blue box next to your navigation buttons, neither am I into the miniature blue ball that creates an explosion affect after a button is pushed. I think it would be better if you had those sub-buttons established with the prime destination you are trying to reach.

May I ask what version of Actionscript you used for this? I think that your photo and video section are quite pristine; however photo enlarger does not function properly on my browser for some reason (Firefox 3).

What is the name of the font you chose?: It works well for the website, but a few of the buttons on the website and the top header on the site did not seem to blend in well to me.

I would think about adding a code to your scroller on the news page: I too have just used buttons for browsing up and down the info, but I find it more efficient to have a function for the bar to have control over the blurb.

Also to make a conclusion I would consider creating an integrated MP3 player to peruse your music and listen to it.
    How Ironic, I was 12 -13 when I started playing around with Cubase.

Your site is well developed and does represent you well, but I think a few thoughts of change should be considered.

However, keep up the good work, nice beats.

Just a quick bit of feedback.

I only got as far as checking out your music (as I should be busy working on stuff myself), but I was disappointed you didn't have your own audio player.

For me that kind of spoils the point of having a site to represent yourself when you have to link to a different site to playback audio.

For me the layout of the initial page was a bit too shiny but thats just personal taste/opinion.

Good luck and keep at it.

Thx Evaman & Kel33 for the replys & sorry it took me a while to reply on your posts.
    To answer on a few comments:

- The image that rest behind the blurb box feels too sharpened. I would suggest trying to blur it a bit.

Thank you i'm gonna fix this.

- May I ask what version of Actionscript you used for this?

Where can you see this. I used swishmax at first but now it is swishmax2.

- What is the name of the font you chose?

It's called bahaus.

- I would think about adding a code to your scroller on the news page: I too have just used buttons for browsing up and down the info, but I find it more efficient to have a function for the bar to have control over the blurb.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here. Sorry.

- Also to make a conclusion I would consider creating an integrated MP3 player to peruse your music and listen to it.

That hase been done in the 'sets' section. The reason for no player in the 'productions' section is that all the productions are pretty old and not that important (anymore) to me. i just thaught that since i've made them they diserve a place here. When i can upload some new work this will be linked to the player.

Thanks for the usefull tips guys. It really means alot to me.