A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alien Web Designs

Alien Web Designs

Alien Web Designs

Futuristic website with sliding panels and an alien flying through tunnel intro.

Alien Web Designs

Alien Web Designs

Alien Web Designs

I would love to hear positive and negative feedback on my new website.

Alien Web Designs

alien web designs

That's a great site. Very clean. One small thing I would suggest, and maybe it's just me, is the sound. Maybe try to make the background music loop better, so it doesn't sound like it's repeating. And the "accessing" sound when choosing a menu item is sweet, just a bit loud.

So that's my 2 cents.

Overall, it's great! Very well done!

Please do not multiple post while here at Flashkit, it's against the rules - it's in the Flashkit FAQ/Rules, which are in my footer.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Alien Web Designs
    Sorry about the double post, I saw the review a site after the one I already posted in.

Thanks for the feedback, never notice the loop issue until you said it. Thanx.

some of them when clicked loops in again. And when you click on the "start" button (on the left), the movieclip content rolls out very slow when you compare it with the rest.
    Last edited by deepakflash; 09-09-2008 at 03:20 AM.

Alien Web Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    That's a great site. Very clean. One small thing I would suggest, and maybe it's just me, is the sound. Maybe try to make the background music loop better, so it doesn't sound like it's repeating. And the "accessing" sound when choosing a menu item is sweet, just a bit loud.

So that's my 2 cents.

Overall, it's great! Very well done!
    Took your advice and got new background music. It does make a better impact, thanks.

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    I'll be a bit harsh, but my intention is not to offend but to give a honest feedback.

1) No offense, but "Alien Web Designs" sounds childish, you really should have thought of a better name
    2) I feel the design really out of date... It would have been a great hit when Flash 5 was still alive but it's an 1 on a 10 scale...
    3) certain animations are slow... the content moves in fast but the bar in the menu is really slow
    4) the animations aren't really cool either
    5) I don't know what you understand by "futuristic" but it's obviously not the same thing I understand by that word... all I see is a plain silver background which I see in 90% of the "photoshop tutorials for beginners" and a really awkward looking something in the upper right corner which kinda looks like a space ship with a monkey face in it but it's really off track... no idea what that monkey has to do with "alien" nor design...
    6) the way you present your data is boring and plain... to be honest, I think you would have ended up with a better web page if doing it HTML / CSS... to use Flash for a simple content in fade and an outdated menu animation, in my opinion, is senseless...

Just my 2 cents, you can ignore it if you don't like what you read...
    I tried providing a honest opinion and not to offend you.

PS: I'm guessing that you work as a freelancer and you have no real team... I'd suggest you hire or a really good designer who can put together a nice looking site, a fresh site or if you want a "truly futuristic" design. But if you are having success with the current site then just put my opinion in the "collateral damage" category and continue doing things your way.

Good luck.

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

AS3 Mod
    My first impressions are:

1) Nice logo

2) Very amateur flash piece (graphics and usability), Looks like two different people did this site, or at least an extreme lack of focus on the flash parts.

3) Music is way too loud, should start at 30% volume or so, not 100%.

Thanks

I see the logo and the alien thing floating on the top right and think, pretty nice. There's some good 3d work done there. Then, like the others I see the menu stuff, and some content boxes and think, "What went wrong?" So I've got to know, because this is what I feel, did you make the logo and the alien or not? If you did, then get out of flash and do some html and showcase that 3D because that's your high point. If you didn't do that 3d work then either try to emulate it in your design to bring it together, or toss it out.

It is like 2 different people did the site. Some things are polished web2.0, and others are flat flash5.

Taking a third look at it i'd suggest to loose that start thing and get rid of that bar that slides in under the menu items. Just doing that would help a ton. And, other than that I don't know that I have much to say, nice colors i guess. Don't like the name, but I don't have to...
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

-_-
    Loose the Flash. Keep the reel. The logo and 3D work is great. But you really don't need Flash for a slick site. Use XHTML and some CSS and it will turn out fine. The reel/movie/tunnel thing was cool though. Nice 3D work.