A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] upward scrolling game

Question [CS3] upward scrolling game

hi all

i'm following a platform game tutorial at the mo but it's a side scrolling game and i need an upward scroller.

as it stands you can jump off the top of the screen and disappear while when you walk from side to side the camera follows you. I only want it to follow the y axis and lock the x axis

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated

cheers

Student
    switch any _x with _y and any _width with _height and lastly any _xscale with _yscale
    this might then actually work if not the engine propably depends on array structure or anyting else that´s not adressed using x / y ect definitions

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Technically if it was using an array structure you could swap out any x reference in the array with arrayName.length-x-1 and the same for y.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

i'm completely stumped by this, i've changed all x's to y's and vice versa but to no avail, the only bit of actionscript there is of note is within the char movie clip but i can see no correspondance between that and the screen output.

i can post the code if that'll help, cheers

I know something that will help, it starts with letters "mo..."
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Student
    yes agree if you want others to do work for you or fix things for you goto the freelance section- they will gladly help your in exchange for money.

i don't want people to do it for me, i just want help on how to fix the problem i have.

i offered to post the code because i thought it'd make things easier to understand but if you don't know the answer just say or don't post at all.

Student
    The way you approached here made the impression that you don't know anything at all that is required for what you want to archive - and in combination with offering the *.fla it seemed to me very much like all you care is that as long as it works - at least I got that impression.

If you want to be helped show at least some interest in the problem - so that you can guide others to what you don't understand or want actually (dont force others to think for you). Make it as easy as possible for people here to help you,- posting just a FLA file can mean a lot of work for someone who actually just wanted to help with Actionscript, because he may need to struggle through your flash structure.
    Its ok to post fla files but often it can be way faster for someone like me to see code snippets instead of downloading and compiling, find and seek within the fla.
    So 'please' post code snippets here as well- of what matters here.