A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PLEASE Help me get this monkey off my back!

Hybrid View

PLEASE Help me get this monkey off my back!

I agreed to do this project for a guy I have been doing work for off and on for a year now for a very very cheap price. At this point I would say I would be lucky to have made 50 cents an hour. Anyway I thought I was finally done but he came back with another problem he has with it and I don't know what to do so he's happy.

The site is http://www.iretouchpix.com

He did all the graphics (cause he is a graphic artist an for me to do it would be silly since that's what he's selling) I did the rest. The site is huge(9M) cause he HAD to have everything in its highest quality. SO here is what he said:

"Was on "additional services" and clicked on the gallery tab. It never
    reloaded the gallery or preloader - went blank white and just stayed
    there. The problem I encountered was on IE if I
    closed the window and tried to retype the URL in again it did not load.
    Not until I cleared the browser was I able to get the preloader then
    gallery to come back up. "

I don't get what he gets, does anyone else get this and do you have any suggestions AT ALL?!

Yep, working fine here as well. IE and FF on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by amp1276
    I agreed to do this project for a guy I have been doing work for off and on for a year now for a very very cheap price. At this point I would say I would be lucky to have made 50 cents an hour. Anyway I thought I was finally done but he came back with another problem he has with it and I don't know what to do so he's happy.

The site is http://www.iretouchpix.com

He did all the graphics (cause he is a graphic artist an for me to do it would be silly since that's what he's selling) I did the rest. The site is huge(9M) cause he HAD to have everything in its highest quality. SO here is what he said:

"Was on "additional services" and clicked on the gallery tab. It never
    reloaded the gallery or preloader - went blank white and just stayed
    there. The problem I encountered was on IE if I
    closed the window and tried to retype the URL in again it did not load.
    Not until I cleared the browser was I able to get the preloader then
    gallery to come back up. "

I don't get what he gets, does anyone else get this and do you have any suggestions AT ALL?!
    Works fine on my end too. I am afraid that you bumped into one of those customers from hell. His type will never leave you alone and hiding himself behind those "errors" on the page you've created for him, he is actually getting you to do some more work for him. Easy solution, do not do any extra work for him or if you have to, just tell him each additional hour for changes is $75. Let's see if he will come back with questions
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site