A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seven years on.

Quote Originally Posted by lesli_felix
    The same thing has happened every day since. That's over 20 million. No comparison at all, to be honest.

And it's not nature, it's a consequence of global socioeconomics.

That's also the only thing they really have in common with the victims of 9/11

again 20 million people died from something that does not have a cure. Misinformation led to it being so widespread, in most case a choice those people made informed or not.

the people that died on 9/11 did not make the choice to die. they had that choice taken from them that freedom every person on this planet should have.

If you want to make a statement about the problems with aids in africa go for it, id love to see something good happen. i work for a company thats part of (red), every year i get to donate money i make twords meds to help people that cant afford them... but dont make your statement at the expense of the thousands innocent people that were murdered.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I was just tying my shoes to head off to work when the news broke on TV about the first plane; watched the second hit live. Don't know how or why I went in to the office, but I was working on the corner of 15th and NY Ave at the time, literally less than a block from the White House.

All hell broke loose, some people started saying that the Old Exec had been hit and that the national mall was on fire... I left the building and walked towards the WH among seas of people running every which way; I saw the smoke rising from the Pentagon, although no one knew right then that it had also been a target. I tried to get down to the mall to see if the Capitol building was still intact, but the police started turning people back.

I could walk home from there, so I started back just as the humvees started to arrive, stopping dead-center in the middle of the intersections while guys with machine guns kept a nervous eye on us peds; I remember thinking how weird it felt to see armed US soldiers on the ground mere yards from the WH...

Rest of the day is a blur.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I remember the day. I remember it well. I was working on a website at a recruitment company. I remember the flashkit thread as well. I remember the whole internet slowing down to an unusable crawl and I remember the only site I could find that was working was flashkit which had more up-to-date news than any other source of info I had access to.

I also remember sitting opposite a girl in my office who wasn't... well, let's just say she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. I remember telling her how serious these events were and what had happened. It didn’t sink in. I told her that there would probably be a war from this and that this (from an American point of view) was one of the most significant things to happen since Pearl Harbour. I also had to tell her about the attack on the Pentagon which meant I had to also tell her what the Pentagon actually was.

After about 2 hours of me trying to explain the gravity of the situation, she realised that this must be a serious event so she rang her mate up to act all scared about it. Her words were (and I kid you not):

“Oh my God, Right... these planes right... they’ve flown into the world trade thingy and another has flown into the pyramids”

I left that job a few weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by loydall
    I also remember sitting opposite a girl in my office who...
    Did you hit it?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    Did you hit it?
    Dude.. have a little respect....

(And no... you should have seen her eat a boiled egg...)

Dude.. have a little respect....
    Hmm...evidently, you didn't read my post earlier up this thread...I physically take this sh*t with me each and every day. Nothing wrong with a little levity though.
    (And no... you should have seen her eat a boiled egg...)
    Shame, but I understand.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

David,

that thread is real history!

I was at home. It was a beautiful Tuesday morning in CA. It was early morning and I turned on the TV and the first airplane had crashed in. At that time they still thought it was an accident until the second plane crashed in and it was clear it was an attack. So many things have changed after that.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

doItLikeThis
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    those 8000 people didnt buy a ticket on a plane that was highjacked and flown into the side of a tower that housed 14000 other people that were trying to work and do their jobs.

similarities.

i dont see them.

i sneezed into a tissue and killed millions of germs. nobodies cares.

8000 people die from a killer virus. it happens, its nature. thousands of people are killed by an act of hate. Different beast, differnt reaction.
    wow
    -Aditya

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    I was in hampton, va.. my wife was in a building 2000 feet from the pentagon.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I was working in Crewe on an ecommerce project when the news came in of the first plane, my boss asked me what was hit, and I told him it was the world trade centre, he asked me where it was, and I explained that it was in New York, he looked relieved! Very black day and the repeated footage of the towers collapsing was like something out of a disaster movie, completly unreal, and the gravity of the sittuation did not hit home for several days.

Over here in Canary Wharf, our equivelent trade centre, every year on the aniversary the traders give up a days profit for charity, this year about £10million was raised, a very possitive spin on a very negative event.

As a footnote, my 74 year old mother was happy enough to fly to the states on Thursday, so on a possitive the terrorists have lost their grip of fear over ordinary people, which was their prime intent.

<3
    ugh, yeah i always think of the attacks every september 11 (or every mention of this date or even dates just before and after).