A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best sponsorship approach?

Humble Flash Newbie

Best sponsorship approach?

In general, what's the best deal for developers these days?
    Would it be to combine a semi-exclusive license with for example mochi ads?
    Do you think http://www.flashgamelicense.com/ works as well as they say, or are you better off asking each portal yourself?
    Maybe all depends on if you have made a tiny "disposable" game, or if it's your main project? (I mean, if an exclusive big price tag is better than many smaller)

What's your thoughts on this?

http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view...e=library-home

That covers a lot of questions about sponsorship.

Questions regard sponsorship / money are usually better answered at sites that deal more with that aspect of Flash games ( Such as the FGL forums ).
    Only a small percentage of members here have actually had a game sponsored and as a rule we don't talk about money here, so any feedback will be limited.

Also people thinking $$$ early in a games development alienate a lot of members.

Squize.

Humble Flash Newbie
    Yea, I've seen that FAQ, but I wanted to know what YOU independent people thought! At FGL, I suppose they want the FGL-approach to appear like the best choice. I just wanted to know if you'd agree.

I'm "early" not because I'm mad about the $$$, but it's just fun to think about where a game could go further on. I code because it's fun, but it would be great to earn some of it too.

I think sponsorship is very good. I've got some games sponsored and it works quite well for me. I've never worked with FGL though. I haven't dealt with lots of different sites, mainly just with Crazy Monkey Games, and I can say it's very good, I've got very satisfied with it, and it's a great game site.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

I put my take on flashgamelicense.com in its own thread now: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...22#post4095922
    Last edited by tomsamson; 09-13-2008 at 10:26 AM.