A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Fonts in dynamic text

[F8] Fonts in dynamic text

I have a question about dynamic text. I haven't explored flash 8 that much so I don't know if this is possible in it, but what I want to know is how can I put a dynamic text with a font that I have (that is not one of the default ones like times new roman or arial), and that can be displayed with the same font in other computers that are not mine. For example, in a game I make a score text box with a font called "BadaBoom BB" and then you play the game in your pc but you don't have "BadaBoom BB" into your fonts. My question is how can I make the score to be displayed with "BadaBoom BB" when you're playing in your pc.

I ask this because back in time I remember that if I ran a file with a font that I didn't have it used times new roman instead. But I have not experimented with this in F8, and I've seen it's been done. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by PhobiK; 09-14-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: title edit
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Student
    in the library go to the upper left menu icon (odd one) - and click new font or something alike.
    There you can define which font to share in the library and the linkage or ID name you want to use later in AS.

in Actionscript the create a new textfield and attach a textFormat on it,- something like this:
    http://www.flash-mx.com/news/archives/000136.cfm

at least as far as I know you need to apply the textFormat on each textfield also on each change of the text- but for best practice do some tests yourself - also google always knows some answers.

Select dynamic text field and in the Properties panel use Embed button to include whole font within swf (or selected symbols from the font, if it raises filesize too much). This will usually include only normal version of the font, no bold or italics.

Thanks so much! Both being great help I'll try that out.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations