A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: London Abroad Photo Thread :: Complete Series - 255 Pictures

London Abroad Photo Thread :: Complete Series - 255 Pictures

Here are some shots I finally got around to editing and uploading. Hope you all enjoy. I tried some different processing on a lot of them so let me know what you all like- because as usual comments/cris are welcome. Colors sadly seem a little washed out on flickr compared to the originals...

This isn't exaclty a good shot but I just had to share this crazy character we met at the airport on the way over. This is the CatMan. He has tattoo all over his body and has had facial reconstruction and whiskers surgecially implanted. You may have seen him on Ripleys Believe It Or Not.

Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 09-15-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

WOW great shots, it would take me forever to comment on them all but #3 and #19 standout the most to me.

#3 looks like it would be a great HDR image with it being over exposed in the background and under in the foreground.

#19 you got that miniature model fell from the shot which is great, I remember seeing a few images like this on the website that was posted up a few weeks ago for the guy who went to the Olympics and was showing off his kit.

I got to ask, what lens did you use for #19 and whats the META details?

Great shots, keep up the good work.
    Last edited by kevin_smithers; 09-15-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Like the composition of #17 a lot. #25 seems a shame as you're missing the statue's hand and the whole top seems to merge into the darker section of sky left by the gap in the clouds. Not sure if it was intended but maybe a shot from another angle where the gap was above or to one side might've been better.

very cool. my favourites are 3, 5, 17, 19 and 35.

number 6 really messes with my eyes when i scroll past it. in a kind of good way! (those rounded bits seem to grow or shrink as i'm watching them scroll by).

that catman is a crazy mother ****er, i've seen his photos around a lot.

Nikonist
    Welcome in good olde Europe
    Looking at your shots I see a different but very good way to 'see' the things over here
    Well done!...waiting for more!
    Ooops...almost forgot, I go for 6,10 and 28
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Great shots (make sure you get some fish & chips in while you're here - there's a good place near covent garden - I can get you details if you want).

Right - geeky questions:

Photos 13, 26, 32 and 33 - what lenses did you use?

Photo 19 - did you do the blurring afterwards in photoshop?

Photo 32 - how did you do the lighting?

Good stuff..

Thanks everyone for all of the comments. I really appreciate them.

Let's see-
    13,26,33- Tamron 17-50 - #13 was a photomerge of several shots.
    32- Canon 70-200 f/4 - natural lighting.
    19- Tamron 17-50 and I did add the blur in post to make it look small.

I think that covers all the questions. if not let me know.

I should be getting my check cleared in the next day or 2 so this weekend if I don't get any hits from POTN I will be going to Jessops and buying the Sigma 10-20. I have a lot of places to go back to that I need to shoot where my lenses just weren't wide enough.

#6 and #13. I love them all, but I especially like how everyone around is looking in a general direction which focuses your attention to a spot on the image. Very nice.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

Thanks.

My check should clear tomorrow so this weekend that Sigma 10-20 will be mine...

Nikonist
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Thanks.

My check should clear tomorrow so this weekend that Sigma 10-20 will be mine...

That is a SWEET lense! Lucky you!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z

Let's see-
    13,26,33- Tamron 17-50 - #13 was a photomerge of several shots.
    32- Canon 70-200 f/4 - natural lighting.
    19- Tamron 17-50 and I did add the blur in post to make it look small.
    So, your Tamaron 17-50 seems like a decent lens and you've taken a decent selection of pics with it (I'm guessing there's quite a few others there taken with that lens?).

Just to check, it's this lens:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Tamron_17_50_2..._Lens__6546426

It's just that I'm looking for a lens to replace the kit lens of my 400D (which I think lacks sharpness)...

Would you reccommend the Tamaraon 17-50?

Sorry for all the questions dude - you've got a load of good shots there (they all look preofessional to me) and wouldn't mind knowing the sort of kit you're using.

I would definitely recommend the Tamron 17-50. It is the best bang for your buck. The only other lens I could possibly see being better in that focal range is the Canon 17-55 that is also a constant 2.8 but also has IS. But that lens is almost $1000! I got my Tamron over at POTN used for $400 and you can get it even cheaper now.

My bag has my 20D with the Tamron almost always on it for walking around and then I have the Canon 70-200 f/4 as my tele and then I have the 50mm 1.8 but I haven't put that on my camera in months. And then either today or tomorrow I will be adding the Sigma 10-20. Then my bag shall be complete for a while until I want to spend money on more specialized lenses like the 100mm macro, etc.

hope that helps.

www.thedigitalpicture.com is an awesome website that has the best all round reviews I have seen. I trust his opinion.

Excellent - cheers for your help.

Might go and grab a Tamaron 17-50 soon then.

Got any more pics?

I have been way too busy to shoot anything but I have a 4 day weekend and just bought my Sigma 10-20 so I will definitely be out and about shooting. I might have to go explore Hyde part for the day again.

Nice shots of the south bank, great place to spend some time getting action shots of skaters. Loads of posers down there.

Get some url labels printed and dish them out to people you photograph, you never know...

[edit] And let me be the first to shamelessly come out and say it... your woman is hooooooooooooot![/edit]

*Cue carly... *
    Last edited by robbmcaulay; 09-19-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

haha thanks. I'll let her know that the internet accepts her.

Duder... no offense meant!

Have any police given you grief for whipping out your SLR in central london?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21