A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember FI saying adios to Flash? Not so fast...

Well done so far FI. Just wondering, if I can stream pics movies and music, why not .swf's?

Quote Originally Posted by FI
    thanks fk'rs!
    Looking forward to seeing you Kontaining your lifes there.

David
    Hey there... glad to see you still posting around here.

So... give us the info. The after-release information!

Although I've signed up, I've yet to get into it yet - please bring an iPhone (like Brightkite or Twitter or Pownce) app... ASAP!

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Hey there... glad to see you still posting around here.

So... give us the info. The after-release information!

Although I've signed up, I've yet to get into it yet - please bring an iPhone (like Brightkite or Twitter or Pownce) app... ASAP!
    Hi there,
    Thanks for signing up off course! We are doing rather well, we have a slightly unexpected visitor to signup ratio, we feel it's due to a lot of folks finding it rather easy to signup and the general appearance. The feedback has been very positive on the user flow and ease of use. We worked very hard on that, so it's great to see users feel it.

Most importantly, we have a lot of features and functions to deploy, with some new things coming next Tuesday and more the following week. We have received great feedback with suggestions and wishes. Everything, and I mean everything will eventually make it in. It's exciting times, it's great to see entries posted, the user base grow and people seem to enjoy Kontaining their lives.

As we migrate now to as3 and ajax, we hope to open up to more users via mobile for example. We have a big mountain to climb, but we love climbing it and we are racing towards the top.

We will deploy user search next week. Have you Kontained anything yet?

David
    www.kontain.com/david

unfortunatly my cell phone only outputs video in .3g2 which doesnt appear to be supported:-/

Id also love to see some sort of Copy button. Due to not being able to right click the entry im looking at it would be great to be able to just hit copy link to be able to send it to someone VIA im instead of using the Email button. sometimes email just isnt fast enough
    Last edited by silverx2; 11-21-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by FI
    Hi there,
    Thanks for signing up off course! We are doing rather well, we have a slightly unexpected visitor to signup ratio, we feel it's due to a lot of folks finding it rather easy to signup and the general appearance. The feedback has been very positive on the user flow and ease of use. We worked very hard on that, so it's great to see users feel it.
    I agree. It is actually intuitive.

Most importantly, we have a lot of features and functions to deploy, with some new things coming next Tuesday and more the following week. We have received great feedback with suggestions and wishes. Everything, and I mean everything will eventually make it in. It's exciting times, it's great to see entries posted, the user base grow and people seem to enjoy Kontaining their lives.
    C'mon... you can tell me the scoop!

As we migrate now to as3 and ajax, we hope to open up to more users via mobile for example. We have a big mountain to climb, but we love climbing it and we are racing towards the top.
    Ability to post to Kontain from my iPhone would make it a killer app. Funny part, I won't be able to view it though! No Flash on the iPhone sucks.

We will deploy user search next week. Have you Kontained anything yet?
    Not yet... still stuck on the project from Hades and no time yet.

The new features are:
    http://www.kontain.com/#features/comingSoon

Regarding mobile:
    There is a iphone version on the way.

The flash pages take a second or two to appear so maybe some tiny loading gif is in order. Can't wait to see what customization features you add. And I'd still like to be able to upload .swf's but I understand it probably wouldn't be used enough to warrant the work it would take to avoid injection attacks.

Loving it so far. Good work f-i

I just got an email about the new features. Emphasis mine.
    Kontain has just launched "Following Friends", a new, easy-to-use feature that allows you to follow your friends and friends to follow you.

"Following Friends" propels Kontain into the world of socioblogging - social networking + blogging. "Following" increases your views, comments and ratings in your blog. You can easily invite friends and family members to join and follow you, building yourself a community within Kontain.

Next up: As Kontain migrates to html, members will soon have a brand new dashboard, giving you an overview of what your friends are doing, commenting on, whom they are following as well as what groups they are part off.

CNET calls Kontain, the "Ipod of blogging". We hope you "give it a try"

Yours,
    The Kontain Team
    www.kontain.com
    Flash proved to be too much of a hurdle I take it. That's too bad but I understand. It just gets ridiculous after a certain amount of climbing.

I saw and wondered about that too.

From my understanding, they were launching with an all flash version and following up with an AJAX version. They will support both.

Hello,
    hopefully you folks are Kontain members If not, signup (it takes 2 seconds) www.kontain.com/#signup

Ok, we have always been planning a html frontend for quite some time. Our current flash frontend was our prototype/alpha if you will. Flash doesnt over the flexbility html can, nor the performance when it comes to such a platform. Our frontend flash competance within Fi exceeded our backend in terms of resources we had available for quite some time. Today we have a fantastic balanced team, backend and frontend competances alike whom are currently developing and testing the new Kontain.com due to be released shortly. For more info www.kontain.com/kontain You can off course follow Fi here www.kontain.com/fi

I encoruage you to signup, test it out and try following a few people that interest you. We are driving hard to design and develop what you want and implement every bit of feedback we can from improving current features to developing new ones.

I'm still impressed; however still waiting on that iPhone app.

But dude... if you guys started with more front-end than backend... and now you have both in place. Can't wait.

CLEAR
    *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRT*

bringing this back to life a bit, any plans to have this easily intergrated with googlewave? having not been to my Kontain in a while i must say that its very clean. This is something i could easily use to replace twitter/facebook.
    Last edited by silverx2; 12-02-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I am not a user of either FB or Twitter, but isn't the advantage of using those sites due to the sheer volume of users and the increased chances of those you need to connect with in that manner increased exponentially because of it? It almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that people need to 'tweet' or 'wall write' or whatever, though there was no 'need' for either of those things until a few years ago. In other words, I'm not sure it's the slick interface that would make it be a winner, it'd have to be the networkability, for lack of a better term...
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

A perfect example of that is MySpace. Horrible and buggy site with lots of people. Success.

Again, a field in its infant stages. Facebook, Myspace and Kontain each do at least one thing well. The biggest deterrent for me is the time suck required to make fulfill a specific set of desires. Wave is the first sign of a proper convergence mentality emerging but clearly not in its current state. One thing we can learn from newspapers is that while there are (were) hundreds of options, a formal structure evolved from years of trial an error.

Looks like Friendster is coming back too.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Looks like Friendster is coming back too.
    Hell yeah! Ive been avoiding the FB nonsense and everytime someone asks me, that's been my response, that I'm waiting for them all the join Friendster, which is always met with snickering and a chuckle. Not really a preference for either -- just don't have the bandwidth for the colossal timesuck that's required from social networking.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

If one exists, the answer probably lies in the answer of two questions. What makes you think I give a fk what you're doing? And. Why the fk would I want to share what I'm doing with you?