A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Select Same Fill Color

Select Same Fill Color

Anyone know of a Flash plugin that will select the same fill color? I do a lot of drawing in Flash and it would be so quick to have this feature. I know Adobe Illustrator can do it.

Thanks for your help!

I dont even know what you mean by this:

"Flash plugin that will select the same fill color"

Here is an easy example....

Ok... to keep it simple, let's say you're drawing boxes in Flash.

Say you have 6 boxes on the stage. The boxes aren't MovieClips but just artwork on the main timeline in frame one. The top three boxes are colored red. The bottom three boxes are colored blue.

Now, say I want to select all the artwork on the stage that is the color red. Currently, I'd have to use my mouse to click on each box that is colored red to select them.

That's not really a problem in this example because I'd only have to click on three boxes. (big deal) BUT... let's say I have 1,000 boxes on the stage and the colors are random (either red OR blue). The colors are not in any particular order either... they're spread all over the place. How can I select just the RED boxes without having to use my mouse to click on all 500+ boxes?

In Adobe Illustrator, I can go to SELECT < SAME FILL COLOR. And any artwork with the same color as the item selected on the stage is then also selected. Flash doesn't have that option. I was hoping there was a plugin that offered this quick step.

Thanks.