A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Presidential Debates

The Presidential Debates

The pundits are split right down the middle as to weather or not debates have a big impact on pole numbers. They might not considering Romney did the best in the primary debates imo.

I can already see the SNL skit of Obama on the stage by himself and a darkened stage to his left.

I wish this whole process were a much more bipartisan one, as both of these guys should have gone back to DC to make this happen. They both DO still have jobs as legislators, no?

Obviously, you can see who this guy is leaning towards, but still an interesting look at it...
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...ain/index.html
    Despite having decried the economic crisis in near-apocalyptic terms in an attempt to lay blame on President Bush and, by association, McCain, the junior senator from Illinois didn't feel the urgency to show up for work and try to do what he could to address it. Obama certainly has standing and more than his share of influence. This is, after all, the de-facto leader of the Democratic Party.

Unfortunately, he also looks like someone who is so focused on what he hopes will be his next job that he has lost interest in his current one.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

So that would make him the 3rd least interested in his current job. Who's #1?

i honestly have no idea which political thread to put this in so im choosing the one on top, did anyone catch the katie kuric palin interview?

Can you say miss teen south carolina?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

She reminds me more of W than anyone so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    So that would make him the 3rd least interested in his current job. Who's #1?
    No doubt...looks like they are all guilty. Don't confuse me as a McCain supporter here though!

Looks like the top 10 in that list were somehow involved in the Presidential election this year, so I guess that makes sense. As you no doubt know by now, I am supremely concerned with this particular topic and it is very current - both of them should have been chomping at the bit to get back to work in DC on this one.

I find it interesting and unnerving that it's become partisan politicking thing, rather than a 'must get it done' thing. The Dems blaming the GOP for stalling. The GOP saying the Dems want to bail out Wall St. It's like bizarro world.

Dude get your facts straight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMDxN8Ff7Ps

Ha - this guy must be the greatest moms-basement journalist ever. 'Our sources..." I love it. You never fail to entertain Frets. At least you're consistent though.

I love how TYT picks their topics from the daily show.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...-to-washington

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    As you no doubt know by now, I am supremely concerned with this particular topic and it is very current - both of them should have been chomping at the bit to get back to work in DC on this one.
    They both were there - McCain was just the only one to be a drama-queen about it and say nothing else could possibly go on while he personally dealt with the issue (any one actually know what 'suspending the campaign' was supposed to mean, as ads continued to run, staff offices and surrogates continued to campaign? Seems like the only thing that was meant to be suspended was the debate).
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I understand they were both there. A proper move would have been for McCain to call Obama personally to suggest they both go back there, senator to senator. I'm not sure when and if Obama planned to go back until McCain said he was going to though. I don't know...maybe he was...as I said...from the facts...I don't know. No one seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    i honestly have no idea which political thread to put this in so im choosing the one on top, did anyone catch the katie kuric palin interview?
    ?
    I can say that, after this debacle, I most certainly do not wish to be subjected to another prime time Tv interview that depicts a potential candidate for high office so insulting, so completely clueless, so unprepared and struggling to come up with some answers. Did you see Couric's facial expression during this? Palin is pathetic <--- and yeah I am a feminist and I am being very kind here 'cos i know this is a G rated board.

For her sake, I hope the VP debate is cancelled. We have had 8 yrs of an enthusiastic incompetent and his cabinet and we can clearly see where that got us today. Enough is enough!

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

How goes it Aria?
    In Palin's defense as far as being depicted as clueless and unprepared during an interview, anyone can be made to appear that way if the interviewer so intends. see O'Reilly/Obama.

anyone can be made to appear that way if the interviewer so intends.
    Hey Jaquan -how are you? All is well. I just got back from Iraq 2 weeks ago.

That wasn't exactly the first screened interview she messed up now is it?

Palin is a VP candidate for high office. She;s not some delicate flower that needs defending and special protection. Heck, if you want to do this job, at this time with everything going down and you claim you are ready for it, then step up to it. Go out there and face the media and take some unscripted questions for a change... If you cant hold your own, then stay home, focus on your moose burgers and let someone else step in who can take the heat.

I was not a Hillary supporter during the primaries, but I cant help thinking what a Hill V Palin debate would be like? And you thought Couric was "tough"??

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

Iraq? Wow what do you do? I remember talking to my gf while she was over there and her having to hang up suddenly. Scary and not cool.

Heck, not even NOW supports Palin. I think the honeymoon is over.

I can already see the SNL skit of Obama on the stage by himself and a darkened stage to his left.
    Now that I think about it, I'll bet they do a Deal or No Deal spoof with Hank Paulson.

I had to turn off the debate.

Whenever Obama said something McCain would repeat and agree with half the statement and ignore the second half.

Does every answer have to be preceded with a totally unassociated story about an era that most people on these boards don't remember, know, or above all can't recite well without assistance from Wikipedia?

Oh well. At least the VP Debate will bring together "Of course I'm qualified for foreign relations... Alaska is close to Russia!" Palin and Biden.

And what's this "Obama doesn't understand" **** coming from McCain? It's very condescending.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

This election will be determined by the VP choice. I have never heard that much discussion about a VP from one party. McCain has failed. It can be expected that he will put together a government of similarly wrong choices. And that is also an important part of the president's task.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

I wasn't going to drink Friday night until I saw the debate.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.