A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: If the US election was called right now, who would you vote for?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama, Biden

35 87.50%
  • McCain, Palin

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections - FK CL October vote

US Elections - FK CL October vote

Based from this thread in September, if you voted today (even not as a US citizen), who would you vote for?

neither canidate has impressed me since the last vote. Based purely on the fact that if one of them was to die after being elected i dont trust sarah palin with running this country. i vote obama.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I'm protesting this poll. No Libertarian or Green candidates? Shenanigans.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

No Light Party? What the hell?

Da Vid 2008!

And Gerbick. I voted first and this time for McCain.

In fact, I was the first vote on both times for McCain, it seems. Beat out the zealot. Imagine that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

on poo on you then..

it was supposed to be for who you WANT to win.. not who you think will.

what was it?: "if you like the way things are now....."

</lame>

Seriously dude. I'm going to shoot straight with you... a McCain with an initial high approval rating will get both sides of the fence working to solve things rather than Obama who will enter a volatile situation and will not get even all of the Democrats to work along nicely; let alone the "in the way" republicans that had to have a sweetened deal complete with a possible bigger FDIC protection bonus so they can get more money protected.

Yeah. It's ugly. And I'm being honest. And let this country go into a dark ages for a while... if you're looking at the votes, people are voting the same damn way it seems. I'm just encouraging it until a proper lesson is learned.

Vote McCain. Perhaps a better candidate will come after him - it'll be just a 12 year wait instead of 8.

Oh... and I want to be wrong. But I won't.

McShame (if he wins) wont get both sides of the fence to do ANYTHING!..

because HE doesnt want to do anything.. tax breaks for big oil? no interest in alternate fuel sources... ban on abortion... and the list goes ON & ON..

him wining will do nothing.. except show what idiots (a a nation) we are to put with this non-sense for another 8!!.

man... Im seriously let down by your post..

fat cats get fatter and middle America suffers and is left to pick up the pieces.. AGAIN!..

I tend to agree with Gerbick, but money is all powerful and can shake anyone out of their party loyalty. I'd prefer a true conservative above all but I'll settle for Obama and the possibility that he'll provide more incentive. He's just so much more intelligent. McCain is better suited for a failed late night talk show.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 10-01-2008 at 01:47 PM.

You're not upset with my post... be upset with America. We have a bunch of elected officials that just refuse to be accountable for anything.

Bad decisions deserve punishment. and if the majority of Americans want to keep voting the same way and expecting things to be different. No. I'm rather let down and upset with America.

Own up... this **** came about by bad decisions, bad voting and other bad things. And in that case... seriously, vote McCain. Keep thinking that; and watch. Due to that same mentality, he'll say "let's fix this" (short arm waggle) and they'll then try and say that they "fixed" something, all while never admitting they broke something.

no.. I "AM" upset with your st..and over all attitude.. it screams.. "QUITTER HERE".

not really what Ive come to expect from you over the MANY (many) years here..

bleh... dawning of a new age.

is mCCain gets elected id put money down he dieds from natural causes before his first term is up. Are you as ready as i am to have sarah palin Running the united states?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

You couldn't be more wrong, whispers.

I haven't quit. I'm just on the path of apathy. Surrounded by people seemingly oblivious to what's going on, more eager to point a finger than actually notice that the things going wrong right now, it's their damn fault.

I'm angry as hell. I'm talking about finding people that took out a loan on a house they truly couldn't afford and dropkick them in the jawbone. People have been living above their means for years. We allowed ourselves to close down textile mills and stop truly caring about anything American years ago. I'm seeing lines in SC, NC, GA and VA for gas that are as bad as it was the year I was born - 1974. Sure, blame the hurricanes, but they were nothing like Katrina. Where's the contingency plan.

And yet... for months on end we allowed a president to say to us "Things are ok, the economy is strong..." just a few months ago, then this dire situation!?

No. This has been going on, and it's a problem once people are affected, not a problem when it benefit them.

Sounds like a drug addict. It's all good when you're high, but when you crash and burn, watch out.

It's real ****ing sad.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    (short arm waggle)
    Hahaha, you just made me picture McCain playing Wii and not being able to point to the top of the screen.

I'll put on my Lou Dobbs hat and point out what's being avoided by and large in the CL is the fact that the president in reality has limited power. There's a lot of suggestion that he can just step up and change things. That my friends is something only dictators can do. We have an elite and a good ol' boy and for the most part, they are the same person. Either one will be holding the same house warming gifts come inauguration day and as I said prior to the primaries, will pretty much have their decisions made for them. Obama seems to think he's going to have a clean slate in order to enact all his ideas from when in reality, the money just won't be there. McCain has such a hard-on for grandstanding that he's going to pull any lever that looks like a reset button. Neither one will really be able to do what they promise, just as pretty much every president before them. All you're really left with is a new mouthpiece to the world which is really all the change I need. And given that choice, I'd rather see Obama's charismatic words and complete thoughts than McCain's parrot-like repetition of that one thing that got a laugh once. "I wasn't voted Mrs. congeniality again this year." "I looked into Putin's eyes and saw three letters." "When I was a pow". We get it you old fart, you've got nothing. At least Obama can explain what photo-voltaic means.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    is mCCain gets elected id put money down he dieds from natural causes before his first term is up. Are you as ready as i am to have sarah palin Running the united states?
    Sarah Palin: Head of Skate
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

not worth a new thread but here.
    http://www.thegreatschlep.com/site/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I tend to agree with Gerbick, but money is all powerful and can shake anyone out of their party loyalty. I'd prefer a true conservative above all but I'll settle for Obama and the possibility that he'll provide more incentive. He's just so much more intelligent. McCain is better suited for a failed late night talk show.
    I still don't understand this idea. You would prefer a real conservative but will settle for a very liberal option because he gets people excited?

Getting excited is more important than preventing changes that will make the country more difficult for a real conservative to fix?

I don't know. That just seems very lemming to me.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Are you saying the country has always been hurt by a Democrat in office? It's not even remotely possible to prosper if a Democrat is leading?
    Obama is the lesser of two not-so-great choices. Nothing about McCain's beady little eyes and condescending comments shows me he knows a damn thing which means he will more or less hand over the country to his band of lobbyists.