A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PrintScreen function? Not Print() Method!

PrintScreen function? Not Print() Method!

O.K. I wanna make a flash game/movie, but I also want a way of capturing a screen shot of the game with a command similar to that of the print screen button on your keyboard but it saves it as a bitmap file in a folder, is it possible to use a function to dynamically take your flash movies screen and save it as a bitmap using actionscript, I honestly would be fine with just regular print screen, but I wanna actually use this method of mine to do a recording using this function and have it capture a screen shot for each frame that passes. Say I have my fps set to 24 fps, I'll just make it so that the function will come in every 42 miliseconds with the set interval command that actionscript has, so I don't want a screen shot really, but a whole series of screen shots till I stop the recording. In case you want to know, I think I already know how to load (not make, just load) up a bitmap file using actionscript, so all I would need is a play button on either another frame or another flash movie that loads up a bitmap then deletes it to be replaced by another one just by the set interval command as well! PLZ ANSWER THIS PLEA!!!
    Last edited by cody112; 10-06-2008 at 11:37 PM.