Hello Folks.

Help. I'm working on a world map in flash that interacts with javascript on the page its on. So far, I've gotten everything to work the way I wanted it to. But something strange has been going on with it -- firstly the onRelease works most of the time but not ALL of the time, particularly in IE7. Secondly, I used setRGB/setTransform to change the colours of the various MCs onRollover/out, but when the mouse goes vertically (up and down), it blinks between the states as the cursor moves (but this does not happen at all when the mouse is moved horizontally?)

the code looks something like this, its as simple as i could make it:

PHP Code:
africa.onRollOver  = function()  {

countryName(true"Africa"this);

countryOver("africa");

countryOverHTML("africa");

this.onRollOut = function() {

countryName(false);

countryOut("africa")

countryOutHTML("africa");

this.onRelease = function() {

trace ("Africa");

countryRelease("africa");

getURL(MyIDhttp,  "_parent");}
    };
}; 
and the functions that are probably suspect for causing weirdness are:

PHP Code:
Color.prototype.clearRGB = function(){

this.setTransform({ra:100rb:0,ga:100,gb:0,ba:100,bb:0,aa:100,ab:0});
}

function 
countryOver(id) {
    var 
newColor = new Color(eval(id));

newColor.setRGB(0x2A87AC);
}
function 
countryOut(id) {
    var 
newColor = new Color(eval(id));

newColor.clearRGB();

I can't see whats wrong with it really because its quite basic and its all code that ought to work all of the time!!

So why does it blink when the mouse moves vertically (but not when it goes horizontally)? How can I make it consistently smooth?

And why doesn't the onRelease work all the time? its almost like its not sensitive enough when viewed in IE (and occassionally in FF), but when i trace it in flash, it always gets the signal.....

I wont rule out the possibility that other things are interacting with it to make it go weird since you can probably see that there are quite a few other things going on at the same time... but I dont see what's actually the cause of the problem. If you want I can give more detail.

Help! Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thanks for reading!