I've just made 4 Flash slide shows (each less than a minute long) with disolves between the photos. Three of them play successfully after being inserted into Dreamweaver, and all four of them Preveiw In Browser successfully. However... one of them behaves strangely after being inserted into the DW html page. I insert the file into its cell (the gray box appears with the "f" logo) and the path appears in the File box in Properties, but the movie will not play when I click Play, and then the gray box disappears.... but... the Properties box data indicates that it's still there. The proof of its presence is that when I Preview In Browser it plays perfectly. I've examined the code line towards the top of the page:<script SRC="../Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></script> in all four movies and it's the same.
There is Embeded SRC code line just after the movie code in my faulty movie and in two of the other movies and that line displays the complete path to the movie file. In one of the movies that line only displays the movie file name, but that movie plays in the DW html page and in the browser, no problem. Could someone tell me what could be wrong with the movie that will not play on the html page? I'm not a code writer and this is my first foray into DW and Flash.... thanx..... oslavens