A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .swf file will not upload to server

.swf file will not upload to server

I'm using Dreamweaver CS3. I'm new to Flash and It seem that every time I take 3 steps forward I have to take one back. I've inserted the .swf into the html page, where it resides inside a cell within a table. It plays there, and in Preview In Browser.

I've uploaded the .html page to the server but the movie (and all the code relating to it) will not go along with the rest of the page contents. There is no trace of any movie coding anywhere on that .html page on the server.

I have three other Flash movies on this site, all on different .html pages. All the elements of all the Flash movies are in their own folders, all of which reside in one single Flash folder. The other three movies play successfully on the server.

And on my computer, in Dreamweaver Code View, the correct path to the .swf file is present. But, only for that one movie, none of the Flash movie code will upload to the server.

Hoping someone can help... Thanks... oslavens

High Priest of Harmful Matter darklung's Avatar
    Maybe I am missing something ...what do you mean by the flash movie code won't upload to server .....

Thanks for your reply. The URL is www.winterscreen.com. If you click on People it will link you to a page containing a Flash movie. If you go to View Source, about 30 lines down, you will see the AC_runactivecontent.js file and the text/javascript file then another javascript file followed by another AC_FL_runcontent. Notice the different titles for this function. Then below that is all the Flash movie code.

The movie on this html page plays successfully on line as do the Arcadia Rodeo and Wildlife movies.

Now, back to the home page; if you click on the BLACK & WHITE link and look at View Source you will find that all of the Flash movie code (very similar to what is on the People Page) is missing.

Below is the missing code:

<p>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0','width','232','heigh t','841','title','BLACKWHITEFLASHMOVIE','src','FLA SH/flashBLACK&WHITEmovie/BLACK&WHITEflash','quality','high','pluginspage',' http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movi e','FLASH/flashBLACK&WHITEmovie/BLACK&WHITEflash' ); //end AC code
    </script>
    <noscript>
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="232" height="841" title="BLACKWHITEFLASHMOVIE">
    <param name="movie" value="FLASH/flashBLACK&amp;WHITEmovie/BLACK&amp;WHITEflash.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <embed src="FLASH/flashBLACK&amp;WHITEmovie/BLACK&amp;WHITEflash.swf" width="232" height="841" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
    </object>
    </noscript>

None of the above code will upload to my server. Very strange. Do you have any suggestions?... Thanks... oslavens

That is a problem with the HTML page itself . Set your page up how you want it . Make sure that its saved . Upload your page to server . Once the page is saved , it can't change just by uploading it. You may have two versions of the same page ...

Thanks for the feedback... oslavens

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by darklung
    That is a problem with the HTML page itself . Set your page up how you want it . Make sure that its saved . Upload your page to server . Once the page is saved , it can't change just by uploading it. You may have two versions of the same page ...
    Thanks darklung: That was precisely the problem! There were two versions of the html page on the server. Everything's working great! You did good!... oslavens