A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tilelist Bane of my existence

Tilelist Bane of my existence

I have been fighting off and on with tilelists with very little head way.

currently is all i have left to finish my project so now i am stuck having to solve my problems with it.

I want to be able to, in a perfect world, drag and item from the tilelist and onto a nested movieclip and have the image from the tilelist replace that which is in the nested movieclip.

Currently I have an SWF unloaded into a movieclip... this is so I can change the line up of place holders and images to which you can drag images from the tilelist on to. works great... I can even call the nested movieclips (nested in the SWF which is uploaded into a movieclip using addchild) and switch the placeholder image to what i wish it to be.

My tilelist loads its images from a XML file. Works great. I even was playing with the google drag and drop code to see if i can get there drag function to work with this experiment. But thats not going to well... I can drag them image but can't seem to find a way to call the image properly to be able to then turn around and call the nested movieclip to replace the image.

Any Guru's out there think they can step up to the plate and polish off this last problem of mine?

Well, if you could post your source, I may be able to help. I've delt with similar conundrums before, just let me know.