A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Who's feeling the pinch?

Who's feeling the pinch?

ello

I'm casually looking for contract work at the moment, by that I mean I'm only persuing my ideal opportunities. I thought I'd share my my observations of the market at the moment as a uk - midlands based flash developer:

• contract work is all but non-existant outside of london
    • more contracts listed at lower (bordering on absurd) rates
    • greater competition- manifested as fewer follow up calls on application

ok there are probably no surprises there, I was however starting to wonder if I'm being pessimistic or if this really is an accurate reflection of the industry at the moment. Certainly I get calls every day regarding permanent postitions, more perhaps than I ever did suggesting employers are working with tighter budgets?

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    In my opinion a recession the ideal time to go client hunting. Clients are far more diligent in what they're spending. Especially clients being serviced by ad agencies do get overcharged a lot. Having said that, in times of recession you're level of service should be stepped up to ensure that clients stay.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

I'm feeling the pinch, but I'm also very busy. My clients are bit more varied now, but they are very precise (finally) in what they want in order to get their message out for their product.

Time to communicate overly lavish things is over for now. And that benefits me like no other.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]