A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Free web hosting (what do you prefer?)

Intermediate Game Dev pseudobot's Avatar

Free web hosting (what do you prefer?)

I have a basic website that I would like to put online, but I am not sure what webpage hosting service I should use (has to be free):

I looked in to freewebs, and it seemed good. But are there any others?
    The site is basically going to be a "portfolio" of my stuff, kind of like a game portal, just with my own flash apps/games.

So for that I would need to upload the flash content on a different site, as freewebs does not allow it. Are there any free webpage hosting services that do that too, and being free? (The limit for all my stuff will unlikely go over 30mb). Or would I have to upload it on a file hosting server (free again, as I can not afford to pay)

So many questions...
    Needs an update...

Unless you get an allowance of less than $10 a month, you should look into paid hosting. If you can't afford it, think about a bad habit you have, like smoking or drinking (too much). Now move $10 from the bad habit section of your monthly budget to the career-building section. If you don't have a monthly budget, how do you know you can't afford it.

think about a bad habit you have
    I don't have any bad money-wasting habits, the problem is that I am still 14 and I do not have a job yet. I am looking into some work I can do, it is just that I simply do not have one [a 'real', paid job].

Monthly budge is about $20, but I have to take a train 1 per week, which costs $3.50 per 2 train rides (to the city, and back home). So that leaves only $6 in the end (New Zealand dollars, conversions are about 1NZ$ = .50 US$). Hope you understand my reasons.
    Last edited by pseudobot; 10-28-2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Needs an update...

This thread belongs in the boardroom.

So Moved.

Frets
    Supermoderator

Thanks Frets!
    Didn't realize that it would belong here.
    Needs an update...

Banned

re

The goal of Managed hosting is to free the consumers time by eliminating the need to constantly secure and administrate their servers, so that they can instead focus on their site, its content, marketing, and other vital elements of their business.
    http://www.managed.com/managed-hosting/