A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Player 9 and actionscript 2.0

Flash Player 9 and actionscript 2.0

Hi

What's the difference between actionscript 2.0 in Flash Player 9 and actionscript 2.0 in Flash Player 8

I've written a project in as2 fp9 and certain things don't work when exporting as fp8

I'm not using as3

Thanks

can you give an example? I didnt think it should matter? but I dont have CS3..so I cant be sure...

so some examples may help..

I'm not sure what part of it is the problem, it's a complicated file. Just wondered what the difference is...

Surely, if i'm using as2 then the player version shouldn't matter?

You can use AS2 with a Flash 9 project. Adobe even made a button to create a Flash 9 AS2 document...

There shouldn't be any difference at all, AS2 didn't change between Flash 8 and 9 (AFAIK). It should work the same.

What is the problem? When you export as a Flash 9 .swf it doesn't work? Or when you export as Flash 8 and try it in Flash Player 9 it doesn't work?

You're being way too vague to help at the moment.

It's a problem with removing movieClips. The same script works when exported as flash player 9 but not as flash player 8

I am trying removeMovieClip on mc's that are at 2000000 or thereabouts. But I just realised the maximum range for depths is -16384 to 1048575 and in the flash documentation it says removeMovieClip() will have no affect on clips outside this range

Does that mean flash player 9 exceeds this?

here is an example

you can experiment with the publish settings between flash 8 and 9
    Attached Files Attached Files