A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I draw lines that curve?

How do I draw lines that curve?

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone tell me how to draw animated lines that curve along a path so I can animate a vine growing.

Thanks

Confused

draw your lines first (can be any object TBH). Make a mask layer for that layer and start erasing the mask frame by frame. That's the simple long way to do it. There are many other methods of doing this with varying results. but it all starts with that masking layer.

The mask is one way of doing it, but it's an extra step and it will look stiff.

My advice is, Don't bother with the mask. Just draw your vine and add that as a keyframe. Then start from the top of the vine and keyframe it, erasing away alittle by little setting a new keyframe for every erase. Make sure as your erasing your creating the tip of the vine to look like a point to create illusion that the vine is growing.

Then reverse your frames and you will see it grow.

Hope this helps some.

-_-
    The only way you are going to get the animation exactly as you want it is just doing it frame-by-frame. I sounds tedious, but when you're done, it will play much better. I suppose lefteye's way would work as well, but I have never used masks to do it.