A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: KoolMoves 7 Beta Testers

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1615
    The bottom line is not so much about what we like or what age we are (either chronologically or spiritually). What matters is what a visitor likes. I think a spectrum analyzer that adds a realistic visual dimension to music can help to turn-on a music affectionado. The input that I have gotten from musicians trying to sell music is that people want to be entertained. Whether at a night club or online, people want the entire sensory program.
    This is off track but LP's were known for album art and purists hate CD's for this reason. I have learned over the years that the old analog graphic equalizers sold with gigantic stereo syatems only added distortion to the music. That is why I use Bose nowadays. No treble or base adjustments even. Just pure sound as the recording musicians made it. But my gigantic systems had people going "cool" and "far out" when I played something. So compare distortion to CP usage. It will never change.
    I think this is a great component but like Necro said, not for complex sites. And this does not work well with Papervision and the like.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Agree. If the visual experience detracts from the music (or site performance), not good. However, if there is no conflict - go for it!
    The KoolMoves KoolExchange is one KoolPuppy.

E-Z Websites

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Wilbert tipped me off to some additional code for that class that allows two modes for the spectrums. Not sure if this will be part of final release (not sure if it is approved by Bob yet) but two of the spectrums in my blog are using mode 1 now to see the differences..

mode 0 = 9 bar mono display (current look)
    mode 1 = 2 x 16 bar stereo display (right channel bars are mirrored so the basses are for both channels on the outside and the high frequencies are on the inside).

Love it personally and hope it makes the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1615
    Agree. If the visual experience detracts from the music (or site performance), not good. However, if there is no conflict - go for it!
    I call these "additional tools" for the flash programer
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

You really ought to get off the fence and just speak your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore935
    I call these "additional tools" for the flash programer
    The KoolMoves KoolExchange is one KoolPuppy.

E-Z Websites

A Date With A DateChooser

The new DateChooser component in action:

http://krazyaboutpizza.co.uk/index.php?page=240

This reads the same data (MySQL/PHP fed as inline XML)from server my Flex one inside my blog reads from to populate itself with all dates with blog posts (highlighted). On select it reads the same data the blog datechooser does (but simply displays some of the data instead of what it would normally do if chosen with the Flex one).

Just an outstanding job on these guys. I can't believe how fast this is all coming together

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Probably not ...
    This summer I had the pleasure to visit Barcelona (Spain).
    Between others, the "magic fountain" of Montjuic really impressed me.
    Maybe I'm going to post some pictures and even a movie from there, but until then take a look at this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzGa3EbPW0
    This is quite a "spectrum anaylzer".

lol!
    enuf, now I'm off to try out the colo(u)r changer!

Super Moderator
    Wilbert tipped me off to some additional code for that class that allows two modes for the spectrums. Not sure if this will be part of final release

-> The updated class is in the next beta

I can't believe how fast this is all coming together

-> It feels like eternity from our end

Just noticed. RTE has no url insertion control now. I could have sworn I tested some build (or maybe it was one Wilbert linked directly) that included it.

When you are in the Action Script Editor window, the second icon from the left (a person with a question mark) brings up the component docs. When you select the RichTextEditor class, look at the advancedEditFeature property.

Hahahaha. I was just cleaning my glasses to look at the class. You saved me a headache. Not going to be hard to find the API's now!

Add another reason I love this

I would be a beta tester, but I really don't know how to explore all the current features of the current koolmoves.

^ rodder7, what we are doing at the moment is testing that all the existing and new elements of koolmoves are working, we are romping towards a release of the software soon, I would suggest that your time would be well spent understanding the components in the existing ver6 that you are using, as this will be invauable when you get your upgrade soon.

Better Late than never

I bought vers. 6 a while back and then got slammed with projects and didn't have time to play with the program as much as I would have liked to. I just peeked in at the forum and SURPRISE. I would love to beta test vers. 7. I am not a flash coder, my expertise lies in graphics, but I am trying to learn AS. I have Beta tested for Snagit and AC3D, so I know it's more than just getting to play with cool software. If not, I will wait for vers. 7.

Thanks

Art Fox

i would love to help beta test....

is there any talk about a datagrid type component?
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

The only Koolmoves item I've ever seen that even resembles a datagrid is the Exchange itself. In the past I've always chuckled everytime I visit there and see it.

I'm not saying it is a datagrid. I'm saying it sure looks like a datagrid.

I click a header bar and it sorts on that criteria so it sure does act like one too.

KoolExchange uses a grid like view to display the items but is no datagrid like a datagrid component. It has no flexibility.

A real datagrid component would require much more code. Users would probably want to be able to set the width of a column and the height of a row, select an individual cell, a row, a column or a range of cells to work with, merge cells etc.

The as3 scrollpane component is able to display any display object so creating a small and simple grid like object with fixed size cells just to display something and assigning that to a scrollpane isn't that difficult. A real datagrid component however requires a lot of time to develop. Currently I'm not planning to create one but some other user might.

^ What you doing up at this time of day Wilbert? burning the candle at both ends?!