A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: *.dae rotation, interaction, and loading questions...

*.dae rotation, interaction, and loading questions...

I just won't lie. It's not making sense to me at all.

I can either use Swift3D to output a *.dae file and then use their *.fla file without issue; however I've been trying to get a bit deeper into Papervision 2.0 to no avail.

All I want to do is load up a *.dae file, then have it rotate as if it's being spun on it's center axis around and around, and add interaction to the model in the form of onRelease/onRollover type of interaction.

And... it's just kicking my butt. Any/all help will be appreciated.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Any help? I hate to bump my own question, but I swear that I am just not liking what I have to do to get this to work.

Flash Developer
    Its very easy to do what you are looking. I also didnt really understand tall this untill I read through the tutorials on http://papervision2.com/1-preparing-your-tools/. This steps you right through what you want it to do.

Ta

Thanks.

But that's not what I was looking for right now, I read that a while back. I meant something more substantial. The tutorials all are either load up a model - as in my very first post, accomplished, rotate - accomplished, interactivity (such as loading more swf's et al) - not accomplished fully.

I've done some other work around with Papervision and Away3D with varying results. But the problem is that I'm not finding the minor things - such as a rotation on the object's Z despite translation of the viewport - I've had better results while playing with the cameras instead.

Anyway, it's much to much to get into now I guess. Still doing my research and coming to grips with a more intermediate need. Imported *.dae's can get huge sometimes. And that's a bit of a bother for me.