A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Im Working On a big game. anyone care to help out?

Lightbulb [CS3] Im Working On a big game. anyone care to help out?

im working on a very in depth game called spec ops elite, it will have ragdoll physics when the enemys die, almost full weapon, Character/Character movement (Via Wheight system) a VERY GOOD STORYLINE, AWSOME weapon design, a stat system to increse vairous atributes, and much more (including destrucible enviorment)

anyone that helps will get credit in game and will also get to make suggestions. the apperance of credit will be by who contributes most.

-TCproductions

Intermediate Game Dev pseudobot's Avatar
    And what do you have so far/done in the past?
    Needs an update...

The Cheeze to Your Macaroni ColbyCheeze's Avatar
    Do you actually have the knowledge to do all of that, or are you hoping that other people will do the hard stuff for you?

are you planning to make money off this game? will people get a portion of the proceeds? I presume people will want a lot more detail before saying sign me up.
    mmm signature

I Have most of the prior knowlage for the movment and physics, im working some bugs out with the physics/ground action. So far i dont have much done due to having not much time on my hands. Id like some help with the weapon customization and ragdolling after death, im begining to learn how to do the stat system/weight system, but I will probably need somone to help me with the basics of that. The weapon design is not a problem at all though. The destructible enviorment will proabably require multipul people on it due to the time it might take. Ive also got the main Character designed pretty much, just got to get his many animations done.

This will be my first big project but ive spent the last 3 summers in between CAP events and web projects to pay for other things, also I have been talking to krinkels about it so i might be getting some help from their also.
    Last edited by TCproductions; 12-08-2008 at 09:50 AM.

I've never actually finished a game like that, but I have done a few projects dealing with stuff like that. (I was making a star wars game, were you level up, spend attribute points, and customize lightsabers and junk, but I dropped the project due to the fact I cant draw a straight line for my life.)

I can barely make a nice looking button, and if I spend a few hours, a terrible looking stick figure lol...Which is why I'm sticking to arcade style games for now =P.

good luck, you are going to need it.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Im planing on doing this over the course over (maybe sevral) Year(s) but over all i think it will be immpressive, and entertaining for a long time, here are some of the customizations im thinking of:

Grenade Launcher attachments:
    Flash bang launcher
    Hydrogen Capsule launcher
    incindenary launcher
    burst grenade launcher(3 capsule shots)

Main Weapon upgrades:
    Spec-97SPMODA4(primary weapon upgrade from A3, Faster Reload, removes shell box that just weighs you down but was origanaly used for stealth pourpouses, Weighs Less, -50 reload time, -20 weight)
    Enlogend Barrel: More Accurate, +3 weight, +3 weapon switch time.
    Higher Caliber: +10 weapon damage, +15 recoil, -5 accuracy, -20 Mag Capacity.
    Bayonet:+2 weight, +10 primary mellay damage.
    Scilencer:-50 Report sound, +20 accuracy, -15 weapon damage, -10 recoil.
    Extended Mag: +50 Mag capacity, +20 weight

Sights:
    Red dot:+20 accuracy
    Reflex sight:+40 accuracy
    Remington 30X50 modle 900:+90 accuracy +10 weight
    Barret Elite 120X200 hemisphere: +150 Accuracy +30 weight

Student
    I am beeing honest: impossible for your and it will be never finished. But post some progress and this thread might become actually interesting.

Is there any pics or a test SWF for us to see so we know how far you are already - at least then we can see what the game is/should be like.

Hey TC,

As you are new i would suggest a thorough reading of the guide for this forum:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=513006

As the others have suggested, if you intend for this to be taken seriously it is important that you post projects that you have completed before, preferably games...

ps, is this your profile? http://tcproductions.newgrounds.com/flash/

fracture2 - the sequel
    fracture - retro shooter
    blog - games, design and the rest

"2D is a format, not a limitation" -Luis Barriga

TC, it's nice to post a list of upgrades! It's completely useless, as what we need to know is if you want a tile-based game, birds eye or side scroller or 3d, what kind of shooting, RPG-styled or FPS style, or Multiplayer, etc...etc...

Just give us more of an idea of what you want your game to look like, and you might get some help!
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

its a side scroller, it might be multiplayer if this other stuff doesnt drive me crazy first. and it will have RPG elements and platforming elements also. I have pretty much everything im my head im working/polishing up the game so keep posting to keep this thread alive, but i probably wont have the demo up till middle FEB- early-Late March.

dont put this down so quick, please...
    Last edited by TCproductions; 12-09-2008 at 09:50 AM.

TCproductions, it sounds like a very cool idea, but massive in scale and required experience/skill level. that said, it looks like you may not have yet made any games (am I wrong?) and this project does not sound like a feasible first game (or second one) that anyone could make... if it seems like it's being put down, it's probably due to this seeming gap.

just remember TCp, this may not work out. If it doesn't, start something smaller. Same game type, less console features.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Can we have a sneak peak of the "VERY GOOD STORYLINE"?

Intermediate Game Dev pseudobot's Avatar
    ^seconded.
    Needs an update...