A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flashlite doubt

Flashlite doubt

Hi there...
    How do i run my flashlite app on those mobiles that are NOT listed on the Device Central?
    I mean, do i have to install some kind of "flash player" on lests say, my nokia xxxx, in order to run my app?
    Thanks,
    cheers.

Flash plugin needs to be installed!

Hello there,

U definetly need to install FlashLite plugin on the every mobile phone which ever is listed or not in the Adobe device central.

Hey, thanks for the reply...
    Now i need to find those plugins for each manufacture...
    Sounds like a lot to do ...

Any idea where i can get them or more info?

Thanks.
    Leo.

1) there are phones with Flash Lite pre-installed by the manufacturer. These devices can use Flash for standalone, browser or screensaver/wallpaper depending upon how the manufacturer decides to use Flash.

2) Adobe is beta testing a redistributable version of the Flash Lite 3 standalone that will work with some smart phone platforms. Adobe is working on supporting Windows Mobile 5+6 and Symbian series 60 v3 (and all sub versions of v3).

The beta is private for the time being, and will probably be made public sometime in Q1 09.

So, if your audience includes owners of Nokia s60 v3 devices that do not have Flash Lite 3 pre-installed then you will be able to deliver both your content and the flash platform in a single install to these devices.

Note that the distributable player is a standalone player and does not run within the browser as a plug-in.