A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Center an element in spin up

Center an element in spin up

Hello,

I am a real newbie in flash, I have created a small movie with a picture showing with a spin up effect. My problem is that it does not spin from the center of the image, but from the top left angle of it. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks!

It has been a while since I have used this programme - however I think what you need to do is use the 'find centre of object' icon first on the left hand side of the window. If you hold your cursor over each icon (hot tip) it tells you what they are used for - in this case 'find centre of object'. I would do this first and then add the animation you require.

What a shame this programme seems to have died a death - it was very promising I think.

good luck

LSM1
    Last edited by LSM1; 12-18-2008 at 05:54 PM.

no you don't have to find any center button... makes sure you have your "edit" button pressed

then find the "pivot" of that object and drag it to the center... (the image spins around that pivot)

when you import an object... usually it's pivot automatically sets up in the upper left corner :P
    Don't blame me cuz' my English sucks ) i'm from romania XD

www.xelubest.ro

Thumbs up Thanks !

Well thanks a lot, seems like I just had not opened my eyes ! Took me half a second to get the effect I wanted. Thank you !