A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Review my game(demo) =]

GameWolfProductions

resolved Review my game(demo) =]

http://gamewolfproductions.webs.com/omnidemo.htm

A top-down point-and-click shooter. Fairly simple. It ends after you get a dose of real enemies, not just electric fences.

By the way, this is my FIRST attempt at a game, so don't heavily criticize me but just tell me what I could do to make it better.

I've seen very little of your game because it's almost unplayable for me.
    This is my keyboard layout : http://www.keytronic.com/home/produc...63471-1_FR.gif
    Most european countries dont use standard QWERTY keyboards so if you want that part of the world to play your games, let them config their own keys or use the arrow keys instead of letters.
    I think using getCode instead of getAscii in your programming could do the difference too (I'm not too sure about that though).

The little I've seen was good, especially for a first game. I look forward to playing it with proper keys =)
    Last edited by fil_razorback; 12-30-2008 at 09:23 PM.

GameWolfProductions
    ok thanks, i wasnt sure whether to include custom controls but now im going to!

Considering a first game it's not that bad.

Graphicswize your levels do need some work though. I got to the level with lots of lasers and in the beginning I thought the safe zones were walls. Might wanna play around with saturation there. You also might want to add some animation to the laser charging up, so that it attracts attention by itself. Something more moving like static discharge/electricity effects.

On gameplay: I lost interest when I got killed and had to start the whole game over, instead of just the level. I actually got killed by a laser which went through a wall. Don't know if it is supposed to go to a wall, but that was really unexpected. It felt somewhat illogical even considering we're talking game-logic here.

That was actually quite good Very similar to the top-down shooter which I will release next month. The music fitted with the game acceptably. Above everthing else, you need to include vastly improved visuals. Also, when you lose a life you should NOT go back to the beginning.

Keep at it - I can't wait to see the finished product!

GameWolfProductions
    hmm you have a point there guys, thanks for the tips! =P

It is interesting game. I like it thanks for sharing it.