A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Delivering flash lite content to mobile devices?

Delivering flash lite content to mobile devices?

Hi folks.

I've made a few quick Flash Lite 2.1 examples recently, with a view to testing out delivery methods for a small project I have which I want the general public to use.

The other day, I compiled an .SWF and applied ORA DRM 1.0 forward lock to it, ultimately creating a .dm file. I hosted it on a web server, browsed to it from my mobile browser (N95 8gig) and installed it to my phone. Awesome - it worked and was unsendable to other devices.

However, I'm thinking if I'm only appealing to users who have internet access from their phone, I could be omitting a rather large audience (I don't pay my service provider for internet access - I used a wireless router connection via the WI-FI feature).

Then I thought about wrapping the .SWF in a .SIS installer, so a user could download it using the internet from a computer, and then use Nokia PC Suite (or similar) to install it. I've not fully investigated this yet, but I suspect I'd have to create a different SIS file for every S60 platform, and other operators and mobile OSs too! This would take ages!!??

Maybe I need to research this last bit a little more, but if anybody can offer me some advice it would be much appreciated.....I'm not sure which path to take!

"This would take ages!!??"
    Tools like Kunerilite are not that odd :-)

"Maybe I need to research this last bit a little more, but if anybody can offer me some advice it would be much appreciated.....I'm not sure which path to take!"
    I only know about Kunerilite to build SIS file ... and I must admit symbiansigned is a very complicated issue for mobile developers to deal with...

A Flash Lite 2.1 SWF without any filesystem command is a "passive content" for symbiansigned and is very easy to validate.

I have just created a basic flash application. I want to load and check it on the device. May i know the procedure for that?

Just copy your "app.swf" file to the phone, and launch it, using the file explorer of your phone.

Using Kunerilite Wizard, you can build a SIS file (Installer) : it automatically installs your swf file on the phone as well as a shortcut in "program menu" to the SWF file.