A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica : The Final Episodes **Possible SPOILERS**

Battlestar Galactica : The Final Episodes **Possible SPOILERS**

Finally starts tonight! I'm so excited. They are showing re-runs all day in case you want to refresh.

The final new webisode is up too. http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=870861

*************** SPOILER ALERT ***************

I swear they're going to have to have written these last episodes in a pace they've not done so far... fast as hell.

Last cylon, what happened to Earth, the situation between Adama and Tigh. The whole myth side of the story seems to be buried.

But with that said... holy hell I can't wait.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I heard they said the ending is amazing and won't disappoint. I hope that's true.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I thought what happened to Earth was the final episode.

Naw, they got an extension, about halfway through the third season.

I am so ****ing confused. Why sh... I had a crush on her!

Kinda ho-hum episode. But they can get away with that since new battlestar is awesome by itself. I really wish they'd have shown up at earth at our modern time though. Makes more sense with the prophecy that they didn't though. I like how they make it plausible that even we are decedents of robots.

Three episodes deep... and I'm ****ing confused. Earth was left behind and they had memories - the Cylons did. The humans are doing what the Cylons are doing... turning on each other.

And it's all set to implode, it seems.

I started out thinking this episode was just filler since they had a season to fill on an otherwise complete story but it got awesome fast.
    The humans have no choice but to ally at least temporarily with the cylons in order to get better jump drives. Earth is toast and they don't have enough resources to just roam the galaxy looking for a new home world on their current jump technology. So while I agree with that motive, there's no fk'ing way I'd be down with making nice with the reason I had to spend the last four years in a tin can. I loved how it placed me squarely on the fence yet at the same time portrayed a very likely turn of events.

The cylons originally turned on each other because of where a lack of autonomy had led them. The humans are turning on each other in defense of their own autonomy.

Maybe later in the season they'll justify the alignment with the fact that all Capricans are decedents of cylons anyway.

I'm STILL confused.

While this episode explained alot I don't understand why all the back history is so important. I could understand if it were a few generations but this episode explains that the whole cycle has been repeated continuously.

I fully understood the power grab from the episode Jaquan is writing about.
    Think about the V.P who wanted to overthrow. It's classic Saddam Hussien.
    He was a V.P. for a long time and everyone thought his chance at the presidency was already gone. He positioned the bathist party into power positions even though they didn't represent the majority. When he saw a moment of weakness he took it. For him being in power meant more then the state of the nation.

The skin jobs are searching for purpose and identity. They don't see themselves as cylons and no one sees them as humans. They are begining to see many flaws in thier programs including false memories. They still aren't trusted as humans among humans. They were seen as God's or superior beings by Cylons but that is begining to fade. They are uncomfortable living on a cusp of identites. Bathazar is trying to manipulate skin jobs back into the cylon way.

I'm betting the baby dies. and it's 50/50 on which party will actually kill it.
    Cylons could be resentful that skin jobs can procreate, and just because the coup failed doesn't meant that there arent those in the fleet who don't want skin jobs procreating.

Look for the president to pass away or at least step down in the next two episodes.

Re new quarum by ships.
    I don't think they are going to want the quarum to meet on Galactica.
    I also think it will give cylons a voice at the barganing table.

I'm betting that the baby is Daniel reborn.

I finally got a chance to watch it last night. I had guests in town all weekend.
    Daniel's dna got mutated. It'd be a stretch for it to realign itself in a new born.
    They did lay on the history pretty thick. I think its great that they revealed so much but it did confuse me a tad.

Which baby are you talking about? Helio's and Sharrons? or Sol's and #7's?

Casting the PC guy was a bad move. His face is too well known, I kept waiting for him to use a punch line.

Saul's and #6 baby - the part where Daniel talked about how they re-invented resurrection, it sounded like they did it via being reborn, not having clones laying around.

ok I have to rewatch it now. I thought re-inventing meant re-creating the clone bath since that planet was already using procreation.

Dammit Hulu broadcast the recap before they broadcast the episode what's wrong with those people.

Finally Hulu broadcasts Deadlock

Now I'm confused. The writers certainly know how to throw curve balls.
    The skin jobs need to fight amongst themselves and change destiny so that the final five aren't the percieved final five.

I really like how this last ep. ended. Before that I was growing quite angry with another introspective art piece.

So Cavil has Hera, BSG the ship is dying, the president had a connection with Hera (somehow) and the piano man is Starbucks father... and she's more than likely a cylon hybrid.

Am I even close? I seriously am really ****ing lost.

that's pretty much it. I'm not so sure what Starbuck is yet though.
    This is all typical "final season wrap up when we didn't expect to get one" stuff.
    Galactica Actual has to die. The cylons need to wrap up their plight and the capricans need to ultimately deal with the inevitability of all things.

Didn't the president get a cylon blood transfusion a while back. Maybe thats the connection with Hera. Damn confusing that part was.