A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help a nooby =O

Unhappy help a nooby =O

yes im a epic phailure on flash 8 cs4. I am a big big noob that just started using it and i dont know why when i export the testing animation i made. After i click export it doesnt show the loading pop up thing and just dissapear instantly. When i go click the saved Animated.gif it showed nothing but a solid still picture or sumtihng even nothing, Some tell me what i do wrong or tell me which setting am i suppose to check? Please and Thanky you

nobody want to help a noob? T^T

Have you tried:

Windows: Ctrl-Enter

Mac: Command-Enter

um dont that just pop up a flash player and shows the amination?

upload the fla and I'll take a look... and yes that's what that does, it allows you to test that the animation runs properly.

it goes fine but when i exported into animated.gif its nothing

nvm it doesnt work now..

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjwooowzy53
    please help pl0x im a noob T^T
    Last edited by isaac752; 01-21-2009 at 07:37 AM.

so im getting ignored again....

Space Midget Wrangler
    Using flash to export animated gifs is a bit like using a bazooka to shape cookies. The point of flash is to export swf files for including in your web page. Is there a reason you're looking for animated gifs?
    A little pain never hurt anyone

im tryin got make my own animation .... and im a noob i dont really know how macromedia flash works. every other .GIF i make with neopaint works perfect when i export but not the macromedia flash made animation.

like i make a basic animation from neopaint and i open it up with macromedia flash. then i click export into animated.gif and it works fine. but when i make a animation in macromedia. i click export and it fails

Space Midget Wrangler
    I checked out your file. I exported your file. It worked. Did you by any chance try dragging a copy of your animation from the library to the screen?

To make your animation work:

1. drag and instance of symbol 1 to the stage

2. press ctrl and enter at the same time

3. kick yourself for not dragging an instance of your animation to the stage.
    Last edited by plasnid; 01-23-2009 at 09:48 PM.

How does it fail? do you get an error? does the program freeze? Is there a .gif in the same directory as where you saved the .fla (main flash file). If so are you opening the gif in a program that can display animated gifs? like a web browser or animation shop?

no not ctrk+enter i know that export work but i mean when u save that animation into ur desktop in a animation.gif file.

Space Midget Wrangler
    That isn't what flash is for. If all you want to do is make animated gifs then I suggest you find a program for making animated gifs.

Animated gifs don't get a lot of industry use anymore. They tend to be limiting. Why do you want to use animated gifs? Why use an expensive program for making swf files to make gifs? You can make gifs with freeware applications. That may be a better option for you. I exported your file as an animated gif with great success, the key is that you can't use a movie clip to hold all the pictures you want to animate. You have to lay them down one and a time, frame by frame. Its tedious.
    Last edited by plasnid; 01-24-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Space Midget Wrangler
    The point I'm trying to make is this. Flash is not the right tool to make animated gifs. Animated gifs are not as user friendly or easy to make interactive as a swf file.

As a web professional I never see animated gifs used in web projects. If you're planning on making your knowledge into something you can make money from in the future, its worth your while to use flash to make swf files instead. They're easier to control, and can be made far more interactive.

wats point exporting into swf? wat can u do wif it?

Space Midget Wrangler
    ooh not too much, just:

MP3 Players
    Photo Galleries
    Video Games
    Print Generators
    Online Manuals
    Full Websites
    Video Conferencing
    Virtual Environments
    3D Applications
    Multi User Applications
    Generative Art
    Newsletters
    Greeting Card Makers
    RSS readers
    Realtime weather applications
    Whatever your imagination can come up with really.
    etc. etc.

Anything you come up with in flash can be placed into an html page and shown to the world, like an animated gif, but with many many more options and much more power. If you're still not convinced, try out some tutorials on this site. Leave the gifs behind, there are more and better options.
    Last edited by plasnid; 01-24-2009 at 03:38 PM.

then can anyone tell me how to swf and get it into youtube to upload? any ways please tell me.