A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: which is best free webhost?

which is best free webhost?

I'm looking for a free webhost just to upload a portfolio site and my resume. And perhaps to use as a preview site for my flv's and swf's.

Are there any good and stable but FREE webhosts out there? Which don't have forced adds, popups, banners etc.?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    You're looking for a site that just gives away web space and bandwidth, but doesn't force ads on you... I'm going to highly doubt that exists. There would be absolutely no point to their business model.

BUT there are places out there that are really cheap. Dreamhost for one. It's like, $100/year. I had an account with them a while back, and for the price, it's worth it. Not so much if you are running anything high end, but for your portfolio or whatever, it should be fine.

There are other hosts out there about on the same price scale, $100/year or less. If you can't afford that, you probably don't need to have your portfolio online.

AS3 Mod
    GoDaddy has hosting for about $40 a year or so. I am sure if you just google and look at multiple you will find cheap hosting, but remember you will probably get what you pay for.

Awardspace has free hosting. On the awardspace site there are several ads, but on your site there are none. Of course there are limitations, such as a kindof whimpy 500kb filesize limit, but for small sites, the price is quite nice :P
    It has php asp and some other server side scripting hosting, but SMTP isn't allowed on free accounts. Then their paid plans (5 bucks a month is the cheapest I believe...) are even better. I recommend checking it out.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Free hosting is only good for starter sites or stuff your just testing. Free ones never last and always have huge restrictions. Personally I would rather pay and get the support if needed. I have basic package hosted with Server Intellect 10 bucks a month for a windows accounts. You can find even cheaper but then again you get what you pay for.