A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr Moreaus Debacle::flashpipe1 VS groupof1 VS pseudobot

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    groupof1,

when i first looked at yours, I wasn't sure how much was done to pull things together. Now, after going back and looking at your original images, I'm surprised it looks so good. You blended a lot in there and it looks very seamless between the sections...nice!

It looks like it's mostly the guenon (flipped horiz and with some lighting changes which, at first, seemed harsh, but they help with the blending of colors), just the nose and mouth of the fox (nicely blended), the wings from the vulture (the left one looks nicely blended, but the right one looks a little "forced" only because the top of the back seems so sharp from the lighting and it darkens into the wing a bit quickly...if that makes sense and, is that a vulture claw on the right hand?? Hard to tell...

Overall, very nice!!

On mine, do you think it needs MORE blue added to the fox head? I had gone back and put some on after silver's comment...maybe it still needs more...I was going to try to blend in some of the blue/black/white combos from the wing, but they didn't look very "real" when I tried them...maybe I'll give that another shot...

I had to go back and read the rules again after seeing psuedo's because I had thought it was at least 3 animals, but it was a max of 3 animals, but multiple pics of each allowed...

Also, I liked pseudo's gif, so I put one together too showing the "progression." jafocock

Nice job all! I'd be up for another round with either more variations, a new animal, etc. Also, can we include insects??? I just think it could make for some interesting names...like the preying leaphopper...

Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Thanks for the comments flash... I agree on the wings. Those were the hardest part because I couldn't find a decent picture. On your image, after taking a second look. I think the fox's head looks ok, I would just like to see so more of the darker colors (blue/black) from the Jay's wing worked in somewhere.

I must apologize to psuedo... I now see that the option was 2 or 3 animals. I guess my brain just took it as three. On yours, what I'm talking about is the "fuzzyness" of the chipmunk. Around his back and tail, there are these little bristle like hairs standing out. Maybe you could have worked that into the head as well.

I am up for another round as well. I think Insects would be ok if Psudo agrees.
    What the world needs now is a nice hot bath.

So, what say you pseudo??

Up for another go before MM begins? If we start again tomorrow with a week deadline there won't be any overlap...

Pick another animal, let's refine the rules if needed...and...insects??

Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Intermediate Game Dev pseudobot's Avatar
    Sorry for the downtime guys. Been very busy.
    I will be away over the weekend, but we can still start tomorrow. Only insects sounds pretty good. Maybe for thsi round we won't define an animal that you have to include, but rather only use insects? It's up to you two guys.
    Needs an update...

I was thinking it might be fun to try to mix animals & insects...maybe at least one element of each??

Sounds good to me.
    Needs an update...

COOL!!! So, shall we start today and set next Friday (or Saturday) as the "deadline"? As long as we don't run into the MM, I don't have a problem ending it on Sat.

We'll go with the same rules as the previous round, but just include insects into the mix?? No specific animal/insect to use?

"You may use no more than 3 animals/insects in your image. however, you can use any amount of images of those images."

...and...GO!!! (if this works for you two...)

Cool.
    Only thing, is groupof1 ready? Haven't heard from him yet, so we should wait for confimation of him participating/not participating, eh?
    Needs an update...

Oh, sorry for the delayed response. We can do this.

Let's say By next Monday (one week), 3 creatures - one being an insect.
    Cool?

Cool...I'll probably have my in by Friday to avoid running into the March Madness comp...

IT'S ON!! Bring on the bugs!!

Here's the first shot...open to any input, ideas, tips, etc. especially on the name
    Dragon Monklion? ehhh... Lionkeygon

It's a dragonfly, lion and monkey:

and, the sources:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...x_jacchus).jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...side_(aka).jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...twerp_1280.jpg

The monkey/lion blend is really smooth, but to me the dragonfly head (no offense) looks like random stuff layered on top of each other. It just doesn't flow well for me.

right on...i found trying to integrate an insect with a furry animal much more difficult than I had thought...the dragonfly image is great, but it's hard to figure out where/how to join the two...not sure if I should try to put fur on the head, just use pieces (eyes, etc. like you did with your original) instead of going for the complete head...

fun, regardless...originally wanted to do some sort of giant grasshopper/lion creature on the side of a skyskraper, but couldn't pull the pieces together smoothly...

Ok, here is the Scottish Ladysnail.

mmmm....escargot....

Nice!! Love the texture coming through the color...nice blending...

Source images?? It just helps me see what was done...

OH Crap! I forgot about all this...
    I guess I'll better get started now then...
    Needs an update...

Haha. The Jafocock is hilarious.

Thanks! I almost tried to work the next image backwards and come up with the best name first and then find the pics...but, got stuck on the dragonfly/monkey in there somewhere...

Sorry forr letting you two down flaspipe1 & groupof1. I had nearly no free time at the moment (school, studying for different tests) aswell as trying to complete an project. Hope you guys don't hate me for this. However, you two did a great job. Keep it up!
    Needs an update...