A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: wpBBS Forum System (KM7)

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar

wpBBS Forum System (KM7)

We (Stoke and I) built a light bulletin board system for the Codex in the last few days so users can see dynamic Koolmoves 7 in action. Entirely based on AS3/PHP/MySQL it was designed around one of Wilberts Tree components and uses his RTE components to post and reply with. If you have registered at our KM-CODEX website you can use the same login/pass to enter the forum system. You only have to login to the board once and after that it will remember you and autolog you in. Be sure to use your correct email at our Wordpress site as the board WILL email you with details on your account and a copy of our TOS attached.

I'll be adding other bells and whistles while it runs (avatar uploads, who's online,etc) in the next few days but the major sections are online and running (the test database was zeroed tonight, is completely empty and it's ready to start running through the paces). This board is purposely designed to be as streamlined as it can be and is almost a direct port of a Flex one I built for Adobe AIR. The difference is that one compiled at 350k and this one compiled at 52k. The KM components are so much lighter

KM Beta users have private sections there (it supports user levels) if they need a place to speak freely about the beta builds. Drop me a line if you have registered at the Codex and if I get confirmation you are on the beta team I will make sure you have the access needed to enter the beta forums.

Once this board runs a while and I get all the bits and pieces all worked out and hammer out glitches, it will be submitted to the exchange but as a standalone (will not require Wordpress) board.

Everyone is welcome to take part. We have an open door policy and hope you consider our website...your website.

You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for all the work - even though you enjoy it, it probably makes you want to tear your collective hair out now and then.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Funny you should mention it...I lost a bit of hair over scrollbars recently.
    Oh well...it will grow back

Ok guys, it's now over to you, here's what we need. Come over to http://www.km-codex.com then click on the wpBBS tab, and register on the new board, and leave some comments, we need the data to exercise the board and check all functions.
    Particularly the welcome e-mail.
    Cheers in anticipation for your help