A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: editing text in a movie button

editing text in a movie button

Hello all,

just to give you my background I'm not a flash person at all. I recently purchased a template and have been doing pretty well editing basic text and creating links in flash. The only area where I have a problem is editing text in a movie button. I have a button that says "about us" and I would like to change it to say "home" when I try to go to the layer and edit and even sub layer, evetually it is blank. However when I use the break apart method I see 3 areas where it says "about us" and I can edit that, when I edit one, it automatically edits all 3. perfect, only thing is, after I broke it apart, I cant put it back together and it doesnt function right. any ideas on how I can edit this? sorry for my noobness. but I must say i did learn a lot just by doing this project for my self.

|-'|-'|
    don't "break" it apart and try to "take" it apart instead?

basically try to remove one object at a time from the top till you get to the text.
    though you'll have to put it back together.

i figured it out, breaking it apart allowed me to view exactly what file it was using and then from that file on the right column i did edit then it worked.