A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Is there a way to disable/enable this component?

resolved [RESOLVED] Is there a way to disable/enable this component?

Hi all,

I bought a license for a 3D Carousel component HERE. What I'm trying to do with it is load movie clips when the user clicks an image... using a lightbox effect that I built in Flash.

Everything is working fine except that when the movie clip loads on top of the site, I want the buttons of the carousel component to be disabled so the user can't load another movie until the one active is closed.

I know how to disable a button, which I'm assuming would work here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the button instance names out of the component to disable them. The site only give the following code advice:

var event1:Object = new Object();
    Carousel.addEventListener("thumbPressed", event1);
    event1.thumbPressed = function (obj:Object) {
    trace (obj.id);
    }

Does anyone know if I could modify this event to give me button instance names instead of obj.id? Or, failing that... if there is a way to just disable the whole damn thing? I cannot get any help from the creator, and I'm on a very tight deadline...

Any help is most appreciated!

-Sandy
    Sigs R4 Suckers! Wait... I mean.... nevermind...

I figured out a workaround. I never could figure out how to get the button instance names, so I just created an invisible button that opens over top of the carousel when the vid clip is playing, turned the hand cursor off so that it wouldn't look like a button, and then created an empty onRelease function so that it didn't do anything when clicked. Since it is sitting on top of the carousel and they are both using button functionality, that fake button takes precedence over the carousel.

Just in case anyone comes across this problem in the future.

-Sandy
    Sigs R4 Suckers! Wait... I mean.... nevermind...