A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: March Madness IronMan Event

30 minutes to go 7 images ready to be posted.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Nice stuff!!! I think I can pick out Gerbs...

Looks like a LOT of time went into some of these...you guys need to get real jobs...lol...jk...very nice!!!

I've already got some questions...

You damn graphic designers make this hard for us developer types...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

i know who did everyones so for that reason i wont make comments, but there is one that i started to like more after take a third look at it. something i didnt notice the first couple of times really stood out.

Oh, now I've got to go back and look at them all again...lol...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

i was soo close to getting an image in for this one, but couldn't finish the effect i wanted in time. F!

this was my only chance to submit for this year's event.

Hmmm...after going back and looking through all of them and remembering what the round actually was, I may have voted too hastily...I like the ones I voted for the most, just not sure one of them is so much "on theme." I'll have to think on it some more...regardless, nice stuff...

6 is so simply lovely i can't get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1 View Post
    Nice stuff!!! I think I can pick out Gerbs...

Looks like a LOT of time went into some of these...you guys need to get real jobs...lol...jk...very nice!!!
    By day... I'm a flex/flash dev (now), before that, I was a creative director.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly View Post
    6 is so simply lovely i can't get over it.
    We agree. It's well polished.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

What a fantastic round! Wonderful work all around, guys. I'm particularly interested in talking about the work that went into these pieces once the voting is closed.

I've been quietly lurking around this contest since its start, but I feel compelled to say that this round had some of my favorite images so far. I would mention specifics, but I don't want to accidentally throw the vote.

...'cause you know, I'm so popular that everyone would end up voting for my favorite.

EDIT: ah, screw it. #2 is just too brilliant NOT to say anything.

Whats up Fellows!

Round #5 is due Friday at 11:59pm EST

Round #5 is Freestyle, Canvas size 750X500 rotate at will. Here are Three stocks, please use elements from each stock in your final image.
    http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1162234
    http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1120478
    http://www.sxc.hu/photo/735910

Again its Freestyle, Go crazy!

I want a wallpaper sized version of number 2!!!!

Yeah me too dude, it's f***ing beautiful.

knowing the person that made it im sure he has one.

That 'Blam!' piece is so simple yet so effective. I can almost feel the vibrations from here. Wow.

despite the lowest number of votes, we had some of the best images so far this round.

Congrats to Zacaboo for first place, ctranter comes in second, gerbick rounds out the top 3.

And just so you know i got zero votes! goooooo me.

Flashpipe i loved how you had the differnt parkour type verbs in the shape of a guy vaulting over the building, the only thing i would have changed is the glow around the letters.

Ctranter and zacaboo how your images didnt get 17 votes each is amazing, loved both images.

Zacccccccccccccccccccccccc

Ha ha ha............................

GREAT S..T Man!

I love that image... "Big Bang Theory".............

First Place too.... you beat out some heavy hitters dude.

I need to pass by Judd Falls... and drop some luv dude....

So, I'm assuming we can have that battle soon with lefty and the other dude right?

Congrats to everyone else!

keep in mind the next round of images is due friday at 11:59pm est. so far i only have one submition.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    despite the lowest number of votes, we had some of the best images so far this round.

Congrats to Zacaboo for first place, ctranter comes in second, gerbick rounds out the top 3.

And just so you know i got zero votes! goooooo me.

Flashpipe i loved how you had the differnt parkour type verbs in the shape of a guy vaulting over the building, the only thing i would have changed is the glow around the letters.

Ctranter and zacaboo how your images didnt get 17 votes each is amazing, loved both images.
    Thanks silverx...and thanks for the vote...finally!! lol...so, was it my image you were referring to that you went back to and "noticed" something else? If so, what, if not, whose was it?

My wife told me that, at first she couldn't tell the letters were a person, so I put the glow around the shape, and, when I changed the layer to Color to "blend" on the wall it really destroyed the clarity of the letters, so I put the glow on them to try to make them show a bit more...probably a better way I could have made them "clearer" and still made it look like graffiti. Any ideas?

Can you put the names next to the images in the results? I don't know who some of these are...

silverx - I'm guessing yours was the "AHHHH"? Good use of text, not sure how you curved the letters around, but it looks like it was painful (not sure if there's a way in PS to have letters follow a path like in Illustrator?). I thought it was funny, a little flat (no pun intended), and clever, but, as a skydiver, I felt compelled to not vote for it out of karmic responsibility if nothing else... ...plus, not sure the "typography" itself communicated to me. The letters, yes, the font, not so much...not sure what else you could have done for that...hmmm...screaming font...something with jagged edges maybe?

zacaboo - obviously, fabulous...excellent explosion (where'd u find that, or did u make it...and, if so, HOW? ...) LOVED the exploded BLAM! in the foreground...brilliant...nicely done...

ctranter - very nice...so, you gotta tell me, how'd you do the text? If I really thought you placed all of those by hand, you'd have definitely gotten my vote, but I couldn't imagine that's how you did it...regardless, excellent layering to bring out the underlying image. You've got to walk through some of the process on this. I typed out placed each of the phrases on my vaulting guy and it took a long time. When I saw yours I said to myself "must be some software he's using to create that..." Maybe not...regardless, inspired. What did you do for the specks on the rest of the image? Is that just Noise??

gerbs - I knew that was yours...beautifully composed. I immediately went back and voted for it...after that, I went back through and was looking again and I started thinking about the "typography" theme and thought that your font (while perfect for the subject) is sort of all lost in the middle and really only shows up on the edges. Don't get me wrong, love the image, just not sure it hits the theme as strong as it could...

I'll throw in more comments when I know whose is whose...

GREAT images overall...

Any other input on what I could have done to get more votes (other than hunting down ctranter, taking his image and wiping his hard drive)?