A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Current status of 3DFA?

Exclamation Current status of 3DFA?

So it stays current, can someone tell us all what the status of this program is? Is it being developed or not? Can someone get a registration code now? Is the originator still involved?

As far as I know the development has stopped for the moment. Nobody knows for sure if somebody will come and work on the product again.

I asked an old forum member and he said that something like this happened before. They had to wait 2 years for a new update, so he moved to another flash tool.

I hope that they will at least release the source code so that other guys can develop the product further, but it doesn't look like any developer is out there in the forum.

Exclamation Response from support at 3DFA

I emailed 3DFA from their website with the same question and here is the response:
    Yes it is still in development. Yes you can register.

It's always been developed in spurts and off again on again. I was one of the long time users that moved on when development stagnated in a buggy release for over a year, with not a peep from the developer. Rob the developer is a nice guy and he has done amazing stuff with the program but if you are doing critical work on a timeline you really need a tool you can rely on and support that is responsive.

FlashPastYourEyes

Please help me draw a line - I can't even start a new thread!

Greetings to any sympathetic ears,

I am one who also loves 3DFA, but I am totally self-taught. I am attempting to have an image of a stylus follow a path and draw a shape. The animate path features work great, but I do not know how to make a vector (paint) line appear to draw itself over time. I have tried playing with the morph and move commands , but to no avail. Is it possible to "move" or "morph" one point on a line over time to make the line appear to be self-drawing? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I do not seem to have much grasp over the "show" and "record" buttons, and there is no written help on this subject that I am aware of.

Many Thanks in Advance for any Assistance - FlashPast

"I can't even start a new thread!"

Use the "Thread Tools" drop down located on top right. You have to be in the root of the forum to see the "Post a new thread" selction. If you're already in a thread, it appears you can't start a new thread.

I'm not sure if flashkit will keep running, but I sure am impressed I can continue to xcome back year after year & it's still here & I can log on.

I've lastly sent an E-Mail to the 3DFA Team!

>>To: 3DFA DEV Team
    >>Date: 28.08.2009
    >>Hi,
    >>I just want to ask,
    >>If 3DFA is still in development?
    >>or is it dead?

The Reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    3DFA is not dead. I'm working on a new version of 3DFA to be released soon.
    The underlying code is also being used for the development of several other new tools.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    I hope it's OK, to publish this email.
    Last edited by LewxX²; 09-02-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

Well I hope this is truly the case, but I would not get my hopes too high...