A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf in Blackberry

Hybrid View

swf in Blackberry

Hello,

I did look at the resources but I am a newbie and this is way beyond me. Would somebody take pity and answer this hopefully simple question.

How do I play and existing swf file on a blackberry (for example)?

Is this just a matter of installing a flashlite player or does that swf have to be specifically developed for compatibility with flashlite (so lots of cut down functionality)?

Thank you.

Rem

there is no flash player for blackberry at this time.

Thank you. I did have a lok at Adobe Mobile and I couldn't find anything Blackberryish.

But the question stands: if a flashlite player exists, is it just a matter of playing an original swf or does it have to be specifically produced for the flashlite player?

You do not need to save swf to flash lite format unless you intend to use flash lite specific features such as fscommand2, device sound/video. You will need to save the SWF to a version at or below the equivalent flash lite player. eg Flash 4 for FL1.1, Flash 7 for FL2.x and Flash 8 for FL.3x.

typically a device will have a standalone flash lite player. The user launches the flash lite player to browse for swfs, or on some platforms the user can browse to the swf and selecting the swf launches the flash lite player. In these situations, swf is just another file type on the device.

However, some platforms do not allow native swf at all, like Verizon BREW. For this platform you must always convert swf to a native BREW application.

Other platforms support packaging, in addition to swf, so that a swf application behaves more like a native application, such as .exe for Windows Mobile or .sis for Symbian s60. The packaging supports installer, icon and multiple assets in one convenient file download.

Thanks a lot. That's really useful.

Absolutely important piece of info by hp3. Thanks a lot! The best part of this info is that we can really believe the source
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Quick question,

Can a blackberry playbook run an executable Macromedia file?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipo View Post
    Quick question,

Can a blackberry playbook run an executable Macromedia file?
    Now it get new features including this.

Adobe Air for Blackberry

You might be interested to know Adobe has released Air SDK for Playbook and beta Air for Blackberry 10: https://developer.blackberry.com/air/

------------------------------------------------------------
    pirates game