A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: javascript popup will not load swf

javascript popup will not load swf

Hey, everybody.

I posted about this a few weeks ago but it's still unresolved....I'm about ready to cry or go postal or both. I would love any input you might have. Another Flashkit member said he thought it might be line 23 of the html code, but I can't identify what's wrong with it. I will seriously send you a bar of fine chocolate if you help me understand what's going wrong.

---ORIGINAL MESSAGE------

Hello Masters of All Things Flash--

I have created a multimedia site that pops up swf photo galleries. Trouble is.....the swf's are not loading in the popup windows. Here is an example:

http://www.stewardsoftheland.org/nena.html

The link that opens the gallery is halfway down on the right.

It works perfectly on my local machine, and you can navigate directly to the swf (http://www.stewardsoftheland.org/nenaGallery.swf) so I'm thinking it's something in the html code of either the gallery "popper" or the "poppee."

This is a recent development--until sometime this year it worked just fine. Not sure if some web standard changed or what?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated. Let me know if I can provide you with any more code or script. Thanks.

With the release of Flash Player 7, security has become a real issue for us programmer. Your directory structure can cause problem on a production server that isn't apparent locally. Can you verify that your security setting are correct on the parent file. You can refer to the following link, page 38.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...9_security.pdf
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Samac, thanks for the help.

This is new information to me. Having searched through much of my code just now, I feel like I can say there is nothing like what is found on page 38 of the document you sent. This is Flash script, correct? Where does it need to be inserted? Page 37 of the document has some html coding about allowing access to other domains--might this be an issue, as well? I use a server at ibiblio.org but my domain is stewardsoftheland.org.

Again, thank you!

I am running into trouble running my portfolio local off my macBook for clients. My portfolio uses javascript for the pop up windows and those links aren't working.