A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [help] 2.5d

[help] 2.5d

Hey,

I remember, dating back to when I first joined these forums, reading a thread by an old member (Marmotte, i think?) showing their game for a client which was set in a top-down 3d city(well, fake 3d.. 2.5D) and you drove around in a car collecting flower items. After collecting enough flowers the grey and white city slowly evolved into a very colourful city. In this thread someone asked Marmotte (or whoever the member was) for help on how to achieve ths effect and he attached a simple .fla file.

I've been searching for ages to find that thread, or even links on the topic of 2.5D in Flash, but for the life of me I cant find anything remotely helpful. I'm trying to make a VERY simple 3d effect (just one mc needs to be skewed) and I can't be bothered with the full-on 3d engines, and really I just want to use some simple skewing code as a reference to get me started. Anyone think they can help me out?

Cheers,
    Viza.

Student
    perhaps these:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...72#post3818672

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...73#post4103573

what you need is the transformation matrix,- maybe put it in wrap function that will do the math for you and you can say
    PHP Code:
    plane(w,h,x,y,z

To skew a mc, you can divide the movieclip into smaller inner clips which contain a part of the clip using a mask. For example, you divide your movieclip into 25 pieces, and each one shows just a small part of the total movie clip so they all together form the whole mc; the first is, for example with a _y of 25, the second, 24, and so on so it looks skewed. I think that is how Percy Pea made his 3d engine.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations