A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [BRAINSTORM] Any new ideas for a physics stacking game?

[BRAINSTORM] Any new ideas for a physics stacking game?

Hey chaps.

I'm feeling a bit brain dead today, so I'm here looking for inspiration! I've been asked to make a physics stacking/balancing game, and am trying to think of some new ideas.

There are quite a few stacking games out there already, (eg. 99 Bricks, Poiser, Super Stacker, etc.), and I'm trying to think of something which has elements of those games, but is unique in some way.

I also need to try and incorporate a medievel theme into the game too - probably something to do with castles.

Maybe some of you creative people here have some cool ideas you don't mind sharing?

Cheers,

Ric.

2 player game where you stack numbers.
    the blocks with the numbers drop fast. when 2 identical numbered blocks appear the first person to click on the box gets the points.

Interesting but not quite the kind of thing I was after. Also it needs to be a 1 player game.

Jenga.

Or, rip off that Wii game Boom Blox.

Medieval defense, where you have to protect your castle from attacks by building a defense up, different / better defenses can be acquired the longer you play.

I'm sure you could think of some medieval objects to stack up.

maybe as a sick joke, you could stack up dead bodies from your castle when attackers get through.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

never played a stacking game tbh, but if I understand the concept of 'em alright why don't you make players stack building blocks of castles. The easy levels are simple castles, and the harder ones require you to make massive and complex structures.. or have I lost the plot on a stacking game?

Viza.

Good ideas. You haven't lost the plot Viza - that's the kind of thing. What would be the criteria for success? You could build some great looking castles, but it would be difficult I think for the computer to award points for artistic merit - I guess it needs something more easily measurable like height, or time standing whilst under attack.

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Kinda like Mr Malee's idea

You have a king (just a block with a king character drawn on it), and you have to build up walls (a castle) around him and then survive an attack consisting of rocks being catapulted at you etc. If the king falls over/ hits the ground, you lose.

There would be different types of blocks, some heavy, some light, of different shapes. Each level would be harder by giving you less sturdy blocks, or blocks of more irregular shapes, fewer blocks etc, and the attacks could get harder/last longer.

Ali