A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Work Needed

Flash Work Needed

Custom Flash Builder.

Hello. I am looking for a quote on this project.

I need a custom flash builder. What I need this to do is to have the ability to customize variables in the flash presentation. Mainly text. But they would also have the option to pick the slides that they want to output in the customized flash presentation.

Now I can put together the flash presentation (it's about 12-16 slides, maybe 3 minutes and 3 different presentations, based on what the salesperson chooses) but I would need to hand that over to some one to complete the back end program.

The messages in the backend would need to have drop downs to be placed in different areas so the salesmen will only have access to those text fields populated.

This may sounds convoluted, but if you go here: http://mktone.com/Custom-Flash-Presentation-Builder.asp

That is exactly what I will be needing.

Slides

Quote Originally Posted by whispers View Post
    what are these 'slides'? individual .swf's?
    It will be an individual statement in a series in a presentation. A Slide. So

1. Intro
    2. Here is this new product
    3. This is the features of the product
    4-15. Etc
    16. Conclusion

Thanks

I guess Im still not following..

some how these 'slides' (options) need to be pre-made.. so you can 'stitch' them together to be your final presentation..

when the user picks an option.. from the drop down.. what is going to be 'stitched' together??

are each 'slide/option' an external.swf that all need to be played back to back/in order to be your final presentation?

or it just 'text' that will be changed? all on the same background?..etc..etc?

Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by whispers View Post
    I guess Im still not following..

some how these 'slides' (options) need to be pre-made.. so you can 'stitch' them together to be your final presentation..

when the user picks an option.. from the drop down.. what is going to be 'stitched' together??

are each 'slide/option' an external.swf that all need to be played back to back/in order to be your final presentation?

or it just 'text' that will be changed? all on the same background?..etc..etc?
    Yes these slides will be pre-made by me. Correct, these will be stitched together for the final presentation. The user will pick the slides they want (say out of 16 total slides) then it will stitched together at the end.

Each option/slide will be an external .swf file hosted on a server. I am assuming this is how this would work.

Correct just text will be changed after they choose the correct slides on the presentation (mind you there are 3 different presentations 16 slides in each).

Do you think you might be able to help?

Do you have any "story board" or use cases for this? Depending on your needs and features this could very well be a big project. The specs you provided aren't clear enough for to give a decent quote, but hopefully you have a pretty decent budget. Can you elaborate any further on what you need?

Best wishes.

Programmer
    from what i understand you want an application that is a user friendly way of customizing a swf yes? e.g...easily changed dynamic variables .

Does the application need to export a swf?

Can the application just export a file with custom variables. then have a swf set to load all the vars from that file.?

eg.

loader.swf
    project.txt (or any extension you want)

the project.txt would contain ...

//for the slides
    &slidesUsed=16&
    &slide1=true&slide2=false&..bla blabla

//for the custom text
    &slide1Text=hello this is an example&&slide3Text=example here&

-----
    and the loader.swf would just load the file ... project.txt in the same [dir]
    and load each custom var from it.

if this is what your wanting ..or would be happy with this.

it would be a fairly easy , cheap job to do....assuming what i think you want is correct.

if you wanted it as a browser based thing.....then you'd probably be looking into maybe a php job too.
    Freelance: AS2, AS3, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript