A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Pixel Bender in flash - Flash approved, but doesn't work anyways.

resolved [RESOLVED] Pixel Bender in flash - Flash approved, but doesn't work anyways.

I've been experimenting with Pixel Bender since I got it and have slowly made my way to creating somewhat simple filters. I've also been using them with flash for quite a while. And I seem to have found a bug or something. Inside the evaluatePixel function, try putting just the following:

dst = sampleNearest(src, outCoord());
    dst.b = (outCoord().y / 40.0) - floor(outCoord().y / 40.0); //used to have mod here, thought it was the problem... it wasnt
    dst.g = floor(0.8);
    dst.r = (dst.r * 4.0) - float(int(dst.r * 4.0));

Run the filter on an image. Now load the same image into flash, load in the filter with URLLoader and make it a shaderFilter. Then apply it to your image. You get something different. In the actual filter that I was trying to debug I got a completely different result using the exact same code as up there.. (that one had vertical green lines running the entire height of the image, spaced out once every 4 pixels. Same code, but those lines don't appear in this filter.) What's the problem here?

Mavrisa
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Okay. I found a bug in pixelbender which is causing the problem. I don't really know where to report it though, so I'll start with here and then go search around on adobe.

The step(x,y) function is what causes the problem.
    If y <= x, returns 0.0, otherwise returns 1.0.

However, once exported to a pbj, it seems to perform the opposite, which is what caused my initial error. I dont know what the problem is with the example I have up there, but this is the solution that solves mine.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator