A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New 3DFA Forum

New 3DFA Forum

Hello,
    I have an new idea :P,
    If i create a new 3DFA forum more simple and more easy to use, can i trust in you? And if i do this, nobody likes be a admin?

Cumps

But why would you? This forum is barely used.

^ indeed, this forum is on the cuffs of being decommissioned. Its one of the least used forums on Flash Kit and we cant even find a part time moderator to watch it. I think if it wasn't for blanius there would be no moderators watching over it.

yeah it would be a great idea to make another forum

really.. and if you really need.. i could be a moderator (on the new forum)
    Don't blame me cuz' my English sucks ) i'm from romania XD

www.xelubest.ro

Maybe I have no right of speaking here since I'm a KoolMoves user but I look at this forum sometimes.
    Other swf authoring applications I know of (KoolMoves, SwishMax, SWF Quicker) all seem to have an active community and support from the company behind the application. It surprises me to read no 3DFA user nor the company behind it wants to moderate this forum.

The FlashKit forum is a good forum and not that hard to use. I don't understand why one would volunteer to moderate a new forum but not this one. After all, this forum is the one officially listed on the 3DFA website. With the few posts I see here I guess it should take only a few minutes a day.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    In this respect Blanius should be assigned dual modship...here and Koolmoves as he's familiar with 3DFA and was previously a mod here (as I recall) if there is no active mod here (which seems to be the case). There are others covering more than one forum so it's not unheard of.

IMO that is.

Just my two cents

I don't mind, but I don't think I'd be much help as I don't have a copy of the program anymore, But I would be willing to keep an eye on it and moderate in the larger sense.

Thumbs up Hi

Hi there, i just started 3DFA today and i really like it! I want to learn better how to use it. And if i need help it would really be cool if there was an community i could post to. And if i view this forum it looks like this has been pretty dead..??

Well if you start an new forum or something like that i would be gladly to join it

Peace out!

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    It's odd to me that Gethax's reply as a new user...wasn't "I'll be active in THIS community...I'm glad I joined!". What is the disconnect with this darn platform folks?

Let me get this straight. Flashkits forum is so difficult to use that some here suggest that is the reason for so little activity? Seriously? What forum software would this suggested new forum use? What about Flashkit (which uses an industry standard ..very famous forum software to deliver) is so difficult? How would you get users to this new forum? Flashkit does nothing to get 3DFA users here and any user directed here is by the actions of 3DFA itself as they have this listed as their "Official Forum". Do you mean to enter here....and drive users to this new place to replace how 3DFA gets them here now (which I know you wouldn't because that is against the rules of almost any forum in existence...Flashkit included... as you cannot enter most forums and promote another as a means to solicit usage ).

The activity (or lack of) has nothing to do with Flashkit IMO. It has to do with the 3DFA community and if anyone seriously thinks the platform can justify two forums than they are just not paying attention to the facts and placing blame on Flashkit without any basis in reality.

It's a free world and users can do as they wish. Find simple forum software...run your forum...and solve the problems you suggest Flashkit is the fault of. Just be sure to grab a broom to clear out the cobwebs as history shows they tend to pile up in here and do so with my best wishes. Just be sure to drive users there in ways other than solicitation of the Flashkit user base and bear the weight of your decision on your shoulders. Flashkit is as I write this considering slicing dead weight from it's forum list to focus their resources (and server costs) only on forums that fit the intention of their original mission and justify maintaining by user activity and need. I hope they take these replies from 3DFA users coupled with the obvious lack of appreciation for doing so as food for thought as to whether their hard work to maintain and host the 3DFA OFFICIAL FORUM free of charge should place it on this list of possible forums to be omitted.

I would forget about switching forums and start thinking about switching to another flash editor. While 3DFA looked promising some years ago, it's development has always been behind. 3DFA was the first flash editor I used back in 2002 or 01. It didn't take me long to search for something different. I think if the developer would have dropped the 3D part in 3DFA, more focus could have been better used else where. As it never really got the 3D side done properly anyway.

But I still come back here from time to time in hopes that this app will become what it was suppose to be. And this isn't the first time this forum and editor has lost interest due to lack of updates and support. And it wouldn't surprise me if development doesn't start again. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I just would like to see who ever does start developing it (if it even happens) sticks with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like they forked over 50 bucks for nothing.

Anyway, enjoy what you have here if you're a dedicated 3DFA user and hopefully something will come in the future. But if you're wanting more, look else where.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I hope that Flashkit keeps the 3DFA forum on its list of supported forums.

Although I'm not a regular contributor these days, it is very useful for occasional visits, and has been very useful in the past. The amount of history here is very valuable, and I'd hate to see that lost.

I wouldn't recommend setting up alternatives unless a decision is taken by Flashkit to remove this one.

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com