A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best Practice? invitation to a discussion

Best Practice? invitation to a discussion

Hi all!

This thread is not to ask a technical question or how to use Koolmoves but to start a general discussion about how users of Koolmoves go about the process of building their website, game, or whatever they are into. Sort of a "what comes first, the music or the lyrics" so that newbies like myself can avoid putting "the cart before the horse". There is alot of talent out there and everyone's work I've seen has a unique style. Just some general wisdom-you get the idea? As for myself, I've spent countless hours on koolmoves only to find I run into a major problem or I have to redo certain parts over only to find that I end up with a problem somewhere else. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyone is welcome to ask a question or offer thier insight.

I'll start:

How do you go about designing a website using koolmoves? Do you have a process or method that works for you? And why do you do it this way?

Eric

You will find that the customer has his own ideas that never match what you can really do. You need to make koolmoves fit the customers idea because he is paying for it.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Thanks tmoore,

Although it is customer driven, do you use any methods that you find useful to help you from getting one big headache after another? For example, my business is custom cabinetry but I have set construction methods that are at the core of any project I build. These methods are worked out beforehand. Is it like this in Web site design?

I draw on paper. I guess you could say I do the menu first. This determines how many pages and am I using flash only or flash and html. Then determine what resolution (movie size to use).

Ah, Traditionalist! Rough draft on paper- like a site map? Speaking of Movie size, is there a generally prefered movie size for any practical reason?

BTW, I think you may have worked the code out for the login script I was asking about on my other post. This was a few years ago. Used to work great. Care to take a peek and offer any insight?

board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=791721
    Last edited by etuom; 04-03-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added link

I would post the script to the original thread so as not to have spagetti posts
    As for size, try to come up with your own streachy type of page that can work in any browser. I do think you can skip over the 800*600 size nowadays.

Here is the link to the login script post. Sorry to go off topic. Originally by necro with work done by tmoore

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=791721