A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F10] um... what?

[F10] um... what?

Take a look at the image, does anyone know why this might be happening? As far as I can tell the code runs just fine, but the colors have somehow been offset.

Additionally, every time I change to a different frame and come back to this one, the colors seem to move down one letter.

Any ideas?

Oh, and I finally got F10 after using mx04 for so long, woo!

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    This was happening to me before in CS3. I attributed it to a sluggish pc. A format did the trick for me. Maybe try freeing up some ram while you run the IDE.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Student
    if you want a real code editor pick up something scite related, eclipse or flashdevelop. The IDE editor has been useless ever since MX2004 its gone only downwards. CS4 displays errors not only in the code editor at times but also frequently in the viewport.

I find CS3's Code panel incredibly sluggish compared to how fast I type, rendering it completely unuseable.

Also, good to hear you finally stepped into the present 404.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

This kind of things happens to me in Dreamweaver also. Causing the IDE to redraw the page (switching to another file then switching back) normally fixes it.

It's not the only problem with CS4. Half of my CS3 projects don't compile anymore (known bug when you are using Interfaces). And on runtime, I dont know why, but most of my movieclips where exported on frame 2 and it doesn't work anymore. Really a shame from Adobe. So for now, while I do'nt really need FP10 features, back to CS3.

I messed around with my code a bit, and it appears that having a very long line will make it offset like this.

It's a bit disappointing to hear this is so broken from so many of you. At least there are alternatives I guess...